Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Solar Storms in 2012-Mayan Calendar Predicts- Your Thoughts????

Many believe the Mayan Calendar predicts the end of the world in 2012, at least the way we know it, today. Proponents are predicting that solar storms, tantamount to a "Hurricane Katrina from space", will destroy or knock out power grids all over the earth. A worse case scenario would render the the majority of the planet without power for months or years.

Solar Storms in 2012?

The sun is in a low phase or lull with little or no sunspot activity. However, we did experience a solar tsunami last month that was more of a light show than anything.

NASA scientists and others that study space storms, predict that by 2012, the sun will have entered into its 100 year turbulent cycle. During this time, the sun reaches a peak in the amount, duration, and intensity of sun spot and flare activity.

Experts believe the sun is gearing up for a release of pinned up energy not seen before since 1859. During that period, telegraph lines were literally fried, setting off a wave of fires over a large swath of area.

How might a Solar Storm in 2012 impact our power grids?

A scenario like the solar storms in 2012, mentioned above, has the potential of knocking out power grids over most of the planet, due to our vulnerable transformers that regulate electricity.

Things such as communications, defense systems, cable TV, internet access, and the financial sectors could be negatively impacted should the sun release it's wave of solar energy as predicted. It could amount to civil unrest as government officials struggle to manage the global crisis.

Daniel Baker, director of a laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics at UC at Boulder, had this to say in a written report:

"The command and control might be lost". "Whether it is terrestrial catastrophes or extreme space weather incidents, the results can be devastating to modern societies that depend in a myriad of ways on advanced technological systems."

Mayan Calendar-Just what is it? Solar storm prediction?

As much as recent reports, books, and You Tube videos would have you believe the Mayan calendar is a prediction of the end of mankind, it's purpose is vastly different.

The Mayan Calendar is actually a system comprised of two calendars, one based on 260 days, the other 365 days. It's complex makeup is based on a "long cycle" in which the earth goes through a procession of revolutions, with high intra-cycles and low-intra-cycles. The longest of a complete cycle is said to last 26,000 years.

Based on the Mayan calendar, the winter solstice of 12-21-12 represents an end of the long cycle, and the beginning of a new one, and a new era for mankind.

On this day, the sun is predicted to make a rare alignment with the milky way that will disrupt or release a cosmic flow of energy.

Fear-mongers would have one believe this is our "end of days". However, experts disagree.

The media has been a driving force behind a string of hoaxes that bolster an environment of widespread fear.

The famous "Y-2K" in the year 2000 was posited to be an apocalyptic event for mankind, relative to a collapse of technology.

Another in recent history, arguably, was the global fear of an H1N1 pandemic when health and government agencies warned of a passive spread of a rapidly-spreading flu that could decimate whole populations.

"For the ancient Mayans, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla.

To merely characterize the purpose and intent of the Mayan calendar as some doomsday scenario, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in", says Noble.

Anthropologist from the University of Florida, Susan Gillespie, an opponent of the hyped-up "2012" doomsday prediction, believes all the rubbish of the earth's end comes "from the media and from other people making use of the Maya past to fulfill agendas that are really their own."

About Hurricane Katrina or the "Katrina From Space" moniker

Hurricane Katrina made history on August 29, 2005, when it became one of the most devastating natural disasters to impact the United States. It is now on record as the costliest storms ever, reaching into the billions.

Based on the on-going controversy surrounding Hurricane Katrina in its aftermath, it is tantamount to a dark period in our time. Just the mention of Hurricane Katrina causes grim looks. To those who experienced the storm, it was likened to a doomsday for the people of the Gulf Coast.

The media and those seeking to cash in on fears of the "End of Days" spewed by the likes of Lawrence Joseph's book , "Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation Into Civilization’s End", have created this Hurricane Katrina-Solar Storm in 2012 comparison.

The widespread fear is spreading from this media-driven frenzy that solar storms in 2012 will wreck havoc on our power grids.

The question are: If solar storms in 2012 knock out our nation's power grids, will the memory of Y-2K be vindicated? Will it be one solar storm or a series of solar storms that the sun unleashes?

In the final analysis, this becomes a test of faith. It appears that the only cycles with predictive certainty is our on-going creation of different ways to become afraid will continue.

Mark 13:32: “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Source: Fox News, USA Today

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    This is how I feel! If the shiznit hits the fan, surround yourself with close friends, family, and people who can fight!! Thats why I am personally overseeing the instruction of my local warriors!! There is also nothing wrong with having a small arsenal of weapons.(so far all i have is nerf guns )

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    On this day, the sun is predicted to make a rare alignment with the milky way that will disrupt or release a cosmic flow of energy.
    Lol, and what exactly is this alignment?

Astronomy (not fake ass astrology) is not that difficult to learn. I wish more of the public had an interest in the world beyond Earth.

Array

School
    Taekwondo, Thai Boxing, Jiu Jtsu, Chess, Basketball, Football, Guitar etc etc
    If there was a planet Nibiru than thousands of amateur astronomers as well as professionals would have been tracking it for years. Its simply not there. As far as Nostradamus is concerned his prophecies are vague and can be interpreted differently by who ever reads them. (Sorta like different Religions). My State Farm calendar ends on December 31st this year, does that mean its the end of the world?

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    If there was a planet Nibiru than thousands of amateur astronomers as well as professionals would have been tracking it for years. Its simply not there. As far as Nostradamus is concerned his prophecies are vague and can be interpreted differently by who ever reads them. (Sorta like different Religions). My State Farm calendar ends on December 31st this year, does that mean its the end of the world?
    Well said, Don!

Array

School
    5 Stones Fight Club
    Just bow to the East, assume a double lotus, and watch the fireworks...............oh and smile!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I don't know dude, if the Mayans couldn't figure out that crapping in their drinking water was making them sick, then I don't think I can put that much faith into their calender.

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I don't know dude, if the Mayans couldn't figure out that crapping in their drinking water was making them sick, then I don't think I can put that much faith into their calender.
    Well said!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Supposedly, according to mainstream astro physicists, December 2012 is the end of a 26,000 year cycle where our star will cross thru the center of the milky way. No one knows for sure what that means exactly but some scientists think that something devastating can happen to the earth's axis and rotation, we'll see. Is it just a crazy ass coincidence that the Mayan calendar ends at the end of a 26,000 year cosmic cycle?? Hhhmm
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet VistA
    To many people worry about whats going to happen tomorrow, and miss out on your chances today! Appreciate what you have right in front of you, clean up loose ends, mend broken promises, and be a better person! Then it doesn't matter whats to come, all your ducks are in a row!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast