Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions

Having a one-track mind sucks!!!

One of my biggest problems, aside from my struggles to relax, is that I have a very one-track mind and it makes it very hard for me to use techniques effectively when rolling. I can't seem to get my brain to switch gears quickly when something I try gets reversed and I have to start working from a different position. It makes me feel like I get stuck, but I know in Jiu-Jitsu there is no such thing. Any suggestions or input?

Thanks!

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Reps Reps Reps...it will start to flow it just takes time. Stick with it and put the time in on all positions.

Array

School
    Thanks. I guess it also doesn't help that I get impatient with myself a lot. I'm trying to be more positive about everything.

Array

School
    Taekwondo, Thai Boxing, Jiu Jtsu, Chess, Basketball, Football, Guitar etc etc
    I'm the same way. I want to play the way I want to play. And I can most of the time if the guy is my skill and and size. I get more frustrated with not being as good as Brandon Mc and some of my blue belt friends here. But those guys have years on me. So I keep training and hopefully in years to come someone will hopefully want to be as good as me. But the whole one-track mind thing does aggravate me. Here I am trying to do Lockdown and Rubber Guard and these BJJ guys tell me not to use that but to do something else and then I wonder if Eddie's stuff isn't for me which is non sense because I bleed 10th planet and It doesn't matter if I get my Lockdown passed 100 times in a row thats a 100 more times It will get practice. I think trying to get good at one thing is the most important for a white belt. Alot of people do alot of things and not one of them is right. I want to be the person that at least has a good Lockdown and Rubber Guard. Cheers.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    I think trying to get good at one thing is the most important for a white belt. Alot of people do alot of things and not one of them is right. I want to be the person that at least has a good Lockdown and Rubber Guard. Cheers.
    Thanks. That makes sense. My rubber guard isn't too bad, but only in drills. I went through a rubber guard path once when rolling, but he was quite a bit smaller than me and had only been training for a couple months. I'll get there. I just have to have a good attitude about it. I will admit I fall short on that a lot.

Array

School
    Pardee Combat/CoringaoBJJ (Future home of 10th Planet Jiujitsu Ballground, GA)
    I agree with Reps reps reps....In my experience, women tend to be alot more detailed in technical sides. The ladies that have come into the gym here, have really made HUGE accomplishments....just take your time Heidi, it will come. And Id almost bet, that your just being hard on yourself....Hope all is well!
    Heiwa
    Coringao

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    time and experience on the mats. learn to embrace the struggle of your opponent rather than fight against it.

DRILL A LOT. that can't be overstated.

thanks for the propers, singlet.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I would start learning lockflows like this one if you want to get away from having a one track mind.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Reps reps reps, spar spar spar Reps reps reps, spar spar spar Reps reps reps, spar spar spar Reps reps reps, spar spar spar Reps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar sparReps reps reps, spar spar spar
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Laranja Jiu-Jitsu
    Try some reps with the Gi. Try some reps with the Gi. Spar with the Gi. Spar with the Gi. Try Some reps with the Gi. Try some reps with the Gi. Spar with the Gi. Spar with the Gi. Reps. Spar. Gi. Reps. Gi. Gi. Gi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast