Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria

The Hangmen: Using 10th Planet with the Gi

The Hangmen SGD -10 (Special Gi Division of 10th Planet) are a small group of dedicated 10th Planet warriors who still brave the gi but yet believe in the techniques of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu. As such, they toil to adapt the 10th Planet techniques to their game.

Looking for a few good men or women.

On a serious note, I'd like to start a discussion on what you find WORKS with the GI and what does not (friction/holding).

I came up with this name based on a move Eddie showed me a few years ago called the HANGMAN with he explained started his whole high guard and rubber guard development.

---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    Truth be told, I find it a little easier to work my half guard with a GI, because people get so frustrated with my over and unders that they forget how easy it is for me to make the small transition to collar or sleeve control. I also have a little bit of fun working the Stock with a GI.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    my son uses 10th planet moves with the gi, with great success...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    it's WAY easier to control posture in the gi, i think. if i play rubber guard with my left leg up high, i can grip my opponent's right sleeve or collar and use that to isolate his arm and get "free new yorks" much more easily.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Definitely easier to break an opponent down and keep their posture broken down. Although, the zombie is harder to accomplish I do find most of my other techniques from rubber are better. Much more grip. I still enjoy no gi more, but I dusted off my gi a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying it.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Renato? where you at?

Array

School
    Laranja Jiu-Jitsu
    Now you can see that 10th planet gonna work better with the Gi. But one day my friend,you gonna see that everythings work better with the Gi. Thats why. Because the Gi is the foundation. Thats Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    gracie barra niagara
    i love the gi.. it hides my man boobs and huge gut.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    Yeah Jon! After your FB post I put my gi pants on and worked some rubber guard. I could double bag pretty easy by pistol gripping my ankle cuff. The zombie is harder to get, but like you showed me...I can just invisible crackhead and pump them to get those arms straightened out more. After that, securing that farside armbar comes alot easier with a gi to grab on to.
    Awesome Clayton! Glad to hear invisible crackhead is working for you. I got some new stuff I've been working on to show you when you get back. Satsuma guard!!! You guys don't know about that!

Array

School
    Are you gi guys familiar with the way to play rubber guard in the gi without using your leg? Instead you use the back of your opponents gi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast