Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    gi does help with your judo throws

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    Are you gi guys familiar with the way to play rubber guard in the gi without using your leg? Instead you use the back of your opponents gi?
    Are you talking about how Braulio Estima works the gi? (is no Rubber Guard w/o the legs) But I do know what your talking about, the biggest prob with the gi is, you get used to/dependant on grips/moves/tech that may not be there in the "real" situation... (if they don't have on a jacket or a gi) Just my $.02

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Not sure if its how Braulio Estima does it. I can't find any vids. I was showed an Alliance instructor. No it's not a way to play rubber, but you have a lot of the same submissions (should have worded it different.) It's almost like having them in invisible collar.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Yep, that's Braulio's style. For gi "tricks" I like his style, he had some nice no-gi pointers as well. He taught every technique that he used in this years ADCC. But as I have said numerous times, I don't like the idea of training with grips/tech that are dependant on the attire of my opponent That is a set up for failure. I had a rough childhood/life (a lot of real fights), so that is what governs my opinion. Just trying to keep it real "For REAL" LoL! I still have and train with a gi sometimes, I just use no-gi grips and under/over hooks. Why, you may wonder? The gi weighs you down, keeps you hotter than without, allows your training partners advantages that you don't have (them being able to grip your gi, thereby being able to slow you down and have greater control than without you wearing the gi) I constantly use our system in the gi with great success!

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Somebody blew out the crotch on my gi pants while pulling a standing ankle lock. So now I have to walk around looking like a sambo guy (gi top no bottoms) whenever we have gi nights.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Somebody blew out the crotch on my gi pants while pulling a standing ankle lock. So now I have to walk around looking like a sambo guy (gi top no bottoms) whenever we have gi nights.
    ba hahahahha you lost the best part of the gi
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by michael craig View Post
    gi does help with your gi judo throws
    Fixed.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    The funnest part of rolling with the gi is trying to hit an uchi mata on a kneeling opponent. So much harder when you have to get the over/under first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12