Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Home
    The gogoplata set is my go to moves so the neck is getting cleared. Nelson I look foward to what u got planned

Array

School
    Ground Control Winston-Salem/10th Planet Charlotte
    Good luck and definitely shoot video it would be inspirational and great learning material for your fellow beginners like myself.

Array

School
    Home
    Thanks Dave. I wil definitely record it if it will help my fellow 10th Planet Brother.

Array

School
    Victory MMA
    1)AGRESSION. These people literally go in to mess you up. I have to consistently stretch out my elbow (fairly annoying) and keep my neck in check from TOURNAMENT injurys.
    2)GET A TAKEDOWN/THROW ASAP!!! It's points, and you get a good starting position. that's my mistake, and I'm not planning on making it saturday (GrapplingX, San Diego). You WANT to start on top for armbar, etc.
    3)Keep a clear mind. when you train, train your instinct. learn how to do the move first, then drill it without thinking. just do it. it'll get into your mind and you would surprise yourself when you do it without thinking
    4)breathing is importaint, but dont stress over it. don't hold in breaths, or just focus and let the breathing come naturally.
    5)Get every submission you have a chance at
    6)if you get a position, get to a better one (Turtle to back, side to mount, ETC) if possible. when you get a good one, KEEP IT. DO NOT LET IT GO!!!
    7)if you get a submission in, keep it unless your at least 80% sure you lost it
    8)if you are standing and your opponet is on the ground, get knee on stomach asap. that's how we train at my gym. grab the ancles and pass. work on that.
    9)if your sitting and your opponet is on the ground, think for a second, do you know sweeps, or will you take your chances on your feet?
    10)HAVE FUN, and don't stress. win or lose, it's experience
    11)record every second you compete n video, on your cell or something you have with you alot. Show it to your head instructor when you're reeady to learn what you did wrong, have them help you with what you didn't do right.

That's all I can give you, other than please don't enter 13-14 Teens 115-130 Pounds. Haha I seriously would hate to have to match up aganst someone like last time (NOT from tenth planet, but hey, I'm not either. I just try to put what's on here in my training!).
    -Lauren

Attack first - attack fast - attack hard !!!
    And keep attacking till you win !!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Hey Bro! Welcome to the 10th Planet Universe! After looking through the advice you've been given, it's pretty sound. All I would say is the following:
    1.) focus on YOUR game and strategy. Don't get caught up in worrying too much about your opponent or what they can do. Concentrate on imposing your will and game on THEM. Make THEM react to YOU.
    2.) BE RELAXED prior to going on the mat, but focused. You see all the time the guys getting all psyched up, yelling, carrying on, and jumping about going over their "money moves" and then they tank on the mat. The more mentally and physically relaxed you are prior to the match, the more focused and relaxed you'll be when competing
    3.) as someone else said: be FULLY AWARE of the rules. Make certain you understand them and base your gameplan around the rules. If they don't allow "windpipe attacks" be wary of going to the Gogoplata for instance as some tournies are considering that a windpipe attack. Also be aware that MANY of the refs for these organizations either A.) don't know and aren't well-versed in our techniques, or B.) don't agree that our system is Jiu Jitsu. I and many of my students haven't had points scored for techniques that were clearly sweeps. It sucks, but it's true
    4.) GO FOR SUBMISSIONS! Don't leave it to the point system or the ref to judge. TAP the bastard!
    5.) have a plan b, c, and d, in case your money move doesn't work
    6.) take plenty of light, easily digestible snacks and drink so that you aren't lacking or hungry and can perform to the best of your ability. Don't cut so much weight you're dead, and make certain you eat lightly a couple hours prior to competing
    7.) above all, have fun, be safe, and DON'T LET GO UNTIL YOU FEEL A TAP OR THE REF TELLS YOU "STOP"

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    One thing that I wasn't ready for was the pace. When u roll at an academy, most of the time it's pretty controlled. In the beginner levels, u get dudes that are very "go go go! " and still using alot of muscle instead of leverage & technique. If u respond fast but stay cool, u can work your game. And be prepared for the adrenaline dump- it's going to happen, so don't wig out. It's normal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Seongnam
    Get some beta blockers, if not you'll be a nervous wreck.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    What John Roderick said.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Eat a banana. Potassium works well to prevent your muscles from cramping. Somebody else told me that one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123