Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Twister Pass Defense

Hey folks/friends,

I've been rocking the lockdown and its applications a bunch and my training partners are getting hip to it. Anyway, they essentially work the twister pass and I've been struggling to keep them from passing. I know this was discussed a bit in the older forum but I'm curious to know how you guys fight it.

Note that I have seen that Saulo Ribeiro video where he works to get up onto his elbow

but being a smaller guy I have a really hard time with that against larger opponents.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Prevention is the key. If you are ultizing the lockdown, you NEED to be working those double underhooks. I tell my guys all the time, you have 2 choices: 1) Double underhooks, or 2) Whizzer/Pimparm. If you are stretching your legs correctly in the lockdown and you have either of the 2 choices, your partners success is going to be greatly reduced, especially with the double unders. If your stretching your lockdown and keep their foot hooked they won't be able to do the twister pass. Their foot needs to be free to be successful with the twister pass.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

awesome, thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Prevention is the key. If you are ultizing the lockdown, you NEED to be working those double underhooks. I tell my guys all the time, you have 2 choices: 1) Double underhooks, or 2) Whizzer/Pimparm. If you are stretching your legs correctly in the lockdown and you have either of the 2 choices, your partners success is going to be greatly reduced, especially with the double unders. If your stretching your lockdown and keep their foot hooked they won't be able to do the twister pass. Their foot needs to be free to be successful with the twister pass.
    does anyone know which MTS has the info on the whizzer/pimp arm zog mentioned?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Any episode with the Stomp series.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    You can shove them down. double up on their free leg and swim/swing it over your head. It will reverse sweep them and put you in top with your lock down in and the free leg trapped between the two of you. you then release the lock down and can slide to side control.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    That's a solid counter by Saulo, getting up on the elbow is huge. Randall Dolf, head instructor at 10pRiverside has got a beautiful counter to the twister pass too, just a few minutes ago I asked him to film it and put it up on this thread, he's on it :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    That's a solid counter by Saulo, getting up on the elbow is huge. Randall Dolf, head instructor at 10pRiverside has got a beautiful counter to the twister pass too, just a few minutes ago I asked him to film it and put it up on this thread, he's on it :-)
    Saweeet!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    thats very legit, I learned a similar version that gets mixed in with a hip bump type reversal. I've had good success with it to deal with the twister pass.

Twister Pass Counter With Lockdown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast