Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Has anyone transitioned to a barotoplata from here?

Array

School
    blank
    Nathan and Phil,

I just noticed that in the the rolling footage, set-up vid (and from my experience) sometimes the opponent's hand/wrist you are attacking ends up inside of your leg closest to your opponent's leg.

In the video pertaining to the various finishes the opponent's hand is on the outside. Does this make a large difference? Or does it just limit you in that you can't really go to the omoplata or triangle when the hand is on the inside?

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Another dead zone discovered in ground fighting. This is one of the reasons why I love the game sooooo much. It just keeps evolving. By the way, I'm also waiting for the "We've been doing this for a long time/Totally came from Japanese jiu jitsu/It's from Judo/Gracies have been doing this since the beginning" claims.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Hey bro's, just wanted to share this video from my match that saw me take silver at the Provincials a couple months ago.

So for clarification, what happened around the 2 minute mark was that I had a straight ankle lock set in deep and it was mine, but we had ended up out of bounds. The ref stopped us, and was going to get us to start from the same posish, but a more senior ref saw what happened and instead told him to give me an advantage and made us start standing. It would have been shitty for us to start in the same position anyways, because I was in deep with the achilles lock and it would have been over right away.

I'm sharing it here because although I was playing bottom half guard at the end, it reminded me of reverse spiderweb once I got my leg up over his head. In the end I finished him with a Kimura, from a hybrid/mixed position of bottom half/reverse spider web.

For those not interested in watching the whole match, the sub setup starts at 3:40 when I saw him open his elbow. Feel free to offer constructive criticisms.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910