Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Do you always abandon side for the reverse kimura because you feel it is so strong?

Any guys ever turning the corner and passing off of it? (If you lose the kimura grip obviously) The reverse finish looks a lot like the standard way to switch back to traditional spider.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Do you always abandon side for the reverse kimura because you feel it is so strong?

Any guys ever turning the corner and passing off of it? (If you lose the kimura grip obviously) The reverse finish looks a lot like the standard way to switch back to traditional spider.
    I am not sure what you mean by "abandon side for reverse kimura" . I just look for a kimura grip where ever I am. It will lead to the back, an arm bar, spider web or reverse spider web. We are going to answer the second question in the next vid but for now if a guy tries to turn the corner out of it sometimes they expose themselves to a triangle but there is another option that resembles a swim move. Obviously the kimura grip is everything but if you loose it just go strait for the omoplata.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I meant if you lock up the kimura grip from top control, do you ever finish the classical route of stepping over the head and finishing on top or do you always look for the reverse spider web after locking your grip.

And cool. Moura shows something similar from half guard kimura, but its not as committed to finishing the shoulder. Do you ever shoot the position without the grip? Maybe set up a swim move off the reverse deep hook

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I meant if you lock up the kimura grip from top control, do you ever finish the classical route of stepping over the head and finishing on top or do you always look for the reverse spider web after locking your grip.

And cool. Moura shows something similar from half guard kimura, but its not as committed to finishing the shoulder. Do you ever shoot the position without the grip? Maybe set up a swim move off the reverse deep hook
    I almost never finish the classical way. I think I don't feel like I have enough control. I just like to have things locked completely in before I go for the finish. Sometimes I do find myself in that middle ground without the grip. So many variables...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Awesome stuff

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Seems like a position that your opponent wouldn't to worried about until its too late. Good stuff

Array

School
    K2 martial arts Ottawa
    Nathan I started using this when you posted before and I love it! So many transitions to get to it and most people don't see danger in it so it is usually open. Thank you for posting it again!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Seems like a position that your opponent wouldn't to worried about until its too late. Good stuff
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This is a gold mine. I'll have to work on it. Any weak positions that can be made strong, I'm down.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I have an old Chris Brennan dvd set that shows getting to that position from the mount and finishing with the kimura. It's one of my favorite subs. Now you guys just showed me more ways to get their and more options to finish. Thank you

Nice, big red has been doing a control position similar to this sans the kimura. I am going to put in some numbers with this. Geez so many techs I want to try lately.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast