Page 157 of 247 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2462
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    I'm still learning 10p history and I didn't know the name Gerald Strebendt. Luckily I have fightpass, When I plugged in his name the first search result was:

Gerald Strebendt vs Jean Silva Cage Rage 2
    February 22, 2003

Holy shit... that was an incredible fight to watch! This is 2003?! hahaha! Elbow smash from Chill Dog? Holy cow. Even the commentary is EPIC! "Gerald with a rather strange leglock there... I believe he's using his leg to lockdown Jean's arm". Then the whole fight is so topsy-turvey! It's 4 minutes in and I'm like "holy shit is this still the first round?!?!" Incredible.
    He fought Josh Thomson in the UFC too, it's on fight pass. He ended up getting stopped but he did throw a lot of Jiu Jitsu at him, check it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fankhauser View Post
    so kyra didn't do anything wrong? no technical mistakes you saw?
    I don't think so but I would have to look at it again

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    There is a clip in MTS 106 where you show a gi technique where you open up the back of the collar and stick your heel in there and then cross you legs. Does that technique have a name?
    The hang man

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Jaffa View Post
    Hey Eddie.
    Just wanted to ask when the TUFMED metamoris 3 documentary is coming out. it was meant to be out some time last year. Do you have any news on it?
    Maybe by the end of the year from what I hear from Tufmed

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    eddie, can you put those mount escapes in order? so i can see which one(s) you like most and more than others? (if i forgot one just add them to your list):

-hip bump mount escape
    -alcatraz
    -reverse alcatraz
    -jean jacques mount escape
    -guantanamo
    -hail marry mount escape
    -basic bridge and roll
    Jj mount escape is the best but I like to go to Alcatraz & reverse Alcatraz because of my flexibility

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    They are but we also need escapes for when in a "perfect/full" judo side control. (judo side with and without far side underhook).

how is your back? how's the recovery going?
    Not bad considering I had back surgery 2 weeks ago, I had my L5 S1 disc replaced with a titanium disc. I'm walking around like a 90 year old man right now but I'm slowly recovering, inch by inch. Should be rolling again in a couple months.

Master Eddie, do you still remember any of your escrima/kali training? Would you be able to use some of your knife fighting on the streetz if you had to?

Array

School
    10PJJ-Ronin
    did you ever get "heel hooked" from the truck?? (as Alex Canders shows in mts 107)
    is that really a legit threat that one has to adress/train for??

Array

School
    10PJJ-Ronin
    eddie, it's frustrating..i keep having troubles with muddy waters. if i don't manage to get their arm/elbow to the middle of my stomac from NY crackhead (using that leg swinging motion from NY to NY crackhead).. if i can't move their elbow to the middle that way then i pretty much never get it done with this up and down kinda pumping motion that you show from NY crackhead and from IC - on people that are about my size and resisting between 70 to 100%).
    this has been going on like that for at least 1.5 years. and it's really bothering me since it's such an important part of the RG game.

is there anything that comes to your mind when reading this? some detail about that pumping motion and the way you use your legs and arm in this situation that other people might be missing out on?

i've been thinking lately that (generally in the RG) i might be doing stuff "wrong" because i'm using my flexible legs to move to those spots but then i'm not really using them actively (curling them down, applying solid pressure inwards and down..). i'm more so working with my arms. so my arms are then holding my legs in their position. so i maybe just using the flexibilty but not the mobility/dexterity that one needs to have/develope too..

that then might be what the problem is with my muddy waters "pumps". i don't know..

what do you think?

Array

School
    10P Ronin
    Hi Eddie,

The only grappling experience I've had was 2 weeks in Thailand, Khao Lak for a training camp. Was there primarily for Muay Thai but they had JJ as well and it got me hooked!

A fellow traveller was there as well, and he wears a 10P rashguard, so I presume he's from 10PJJ. cant remember his name but he sounded English. Anyway, he taught quite a number of things and advice! My jaws dropped just looking at him roll with the other folks. Hahaha!

I've never done ground work before so I did a bit of research and realised one thing... 10PJJ is awesome!

I'm back home now, joined a new gym last week and started rolling with whatever I learnt that 2 weeks in Thailand. It helped ALOT especially when rolling with the fellow white belts (rubber guard rocks! Twister side control rocks! ) who have had months and months and months of experience ahead ( I only been to 2 training sessions so far )

1) Will there be plans to set up 10PJJ in Asia, specifically Singapore? ( I'll be the first to sign up! )

2) Is it possible to get the rashguards for white belts if i'm not from 10P? ( they look awesome! )

3) Been watching alot of 10PJJ vids online and learning loads of great stuffs; is there anyway I can be "graded" (not sure if this is the right word or way to put it ) in the sense that I'll be able to know what I'm doing right or wrong and how to improve? (Cos I don't think the gym I'm training at right now will know?)

Loads of questions on mind but save those for next time

Thanks for all the great stuffs and grateful that I got a chance to be exposed to 10PJJ