Page 158 of 247 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2462

Array

School
    Kioto BJJ Sayville, NY
    Professor is their any possibility that someone will open a school on Long Island, NY some day soon?

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Why does this comparatively new event seem to be getting the more well known UFC names? I'm not saying they are better grapplers but for an event on UFC Fightpass like EBI surely you would want these guys?

My guess is it's the 'only get paid if you win the whole thing/no show money'? Your thoughts and would this make you re consider the pay structure if you could attract these names?

Submission Underground 1, 17 July, Portland

Vinny v King Mo
    Shields v Lytle
    Ricco Rodriguez v Fabiono Scherner
    plus Nathan Orchard etc
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Montano View Post
    Master Eddie, do you still remember any of your escrima/kali training? Would you be able to use some of your knife fighting on the streetz if you had to?
    I remember a little of the stick fighting
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fankhauser View Post
    did you ever get "heel hooked" from the truck?? (as Alex Canders shows in mts 107)
    is that really a legit threat that one has to adress/train for??
    Yes, you gotta keep a strong boot on the foot of the leg hook, 10p Chihuahua moon head Mauricio Ramirez caught me in it about a year ago. Most people have no clue how to pull that off tho

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    eddie, it's frustrating..i keep having troubles with muddy waters. if i don't manage to get their arm/elbow to the middle of my stomac from NY crackhead (using that leg swinging motion from NY to NY crackhead).. if i can't move their elbow to the middle that way then i pretty much never get it done with this up and down kinda pumping motion that you show from NY crackhead and from IC - on people that are about my size and resisting between 70 to 100%).
    this has been going on like that for at least 1.5 years. and it's really bothering me since it's such an important part of the RG game.

is there anything that comes to your mind when reading this? some detail about that pumping motion and the way you use your legs and arm in this situation that other people might be missing out on?

i've been thinking lately that (generally in the RG) i might be doing stuff "wrong" because i'm using my flexible legs to move to those spots but then i'm not really using them actively (curling them down, applying solid pressure inwards and down..). i'm more so working with my arms. so my arms are then holding my legs in their position. so i maybe just using the flexibilty but not the mobility/dexterity that one needs to have/develope too..

that then might be what the problem is with my muddy waters "pumps". i don't know..

what do you think?
    Muddy waters is high level RG material, very few people can pull it off, including my top RG players. They tend to go down different RG paths, there's so many. Royce Kim is the best muddy waters player at HQ. Cora Sek plays it too. It's just as difficult as the hindulotine & the hazelett. It takes an obsession to get these techs in your blood. Most of the time I get MW thru the IC. That's the key. Once you master the IC path, then harder paths like ny crackhead become easier. You master the path to IC first. Then hit the hi double bag from there. Then 4 things all together, remove the chill dog arm, squeeze your knees together, push/iron palm his elbow to the middle of your stomach, adjust/Rachete your right leg so it's locking the shoulder as tight as possible, no space between you leg and his head. You should be in mw now.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wu View Post
    Hi Eddie,

The only grappling experience I've had was 2 weeks in Thailand, Khao Lak for a training camp. Was there primarily for Muay Thai but they had JJ as well and it got me hooked!

A fellow traveller was there as well, and he wears a 10P rashguard, so I presume he's from 10PJJ. cant remember his name but he sounded English. Anyway, he taught quite a number of things and advice! My jaws dropped just looking at him roll with the other folks. Hahaha!

I've never done ground work before so I did a bit of research and realised one thing... 10PJJ is awesome!

I'm back home now, joined a new gym last week and started rolling with whatever I learnt that 2 weeks in Thailand. It helped ALOT especially when rolling with the fellow white belts (rubber guard rocks! Twister side control rocks! ) who have had months and months and months of experience ahead ( I only been to 2 training sessions so far )

1) Will there be plans to set up 10PJJ in Asia, specifically Singapore? ( I'll be the first to sign up! )

2) Is it possible to get the rashguards for white belts if i'm not from 10P? ( they look awesome! )

3) Been watching alot of 10PJJ vids online and learning loads of great stuffs; is there anyway I can be "graded" (not sure if this is the right word or way to put it ) in the sense that I'll be able to know what I'm doing right or wrong and how to improve? (Cos I don't think the gym I'm training at right now will know?)

Loads of questions on mind but save those for next time

Thanks for all the great stuffs and grateful that I got a chance to be exposed to 10PJJ
    1) eventually
    2) yes
    3) no

Thank you

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bruhn View Post
    Why does this comparatively new event seem to be getting the more well known UFC names? I'm not saying they are better grapplers but for an event on UFC Fightpass like EBI surely you would want these guys?

My guess is it's the 'only get paid if you win the whole thing/no show money'? Your thoughts and would this make you re consider the pay structure if you could attract these names?

Submission Underground 1, 17 July, Portland

Vinny v King Mo
    Shields v Lytle
    Ricco Rodriguez v Fabiono Scherner
    plus Nathan Orchard etc
    Joe Soto is a UFC star as well as an EBI star. EBI's pay structure was designed to insure we get entertaining shows. And it's working very well so far. Gordan Ryan won 25k at the last event, how many grapplers won 25k at a Jiu Jitsu show in 2016?

Array

School
    10PJJ-Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Muddy waters is high level RG material, very few people can pull it off, including my top RG players. They tend to go down different RG paths, there's so many. Royce Kim is the best muddy waters player at HQ. Cora Sek plays it too. It's just as difficult as the hindulotine & the hazelett. It takes an obsession to get these techs in your blood. Most of the time I get MW thru the IC. That's the key. Once you master the IC path, then harder paths like ny crackhead become easier. You master the path to IC first. Then hit the hi double bag from there. Then 4 things all together, remove the chill dog arm, squeeze your knees together, push/iron palm his elbow to the middle of your stomach, adjust/Rachete your right leg so it's locking the shoulder as tight as possible, no space between you leg and his head. You should be in mw now.
    Thank you man! I really appreciate your detailed instruction!
    I got the path to IC down - easy. And the steps from there to muddy waters (and also the from NY crackhead to muddy waters)..I know them.. just some little thing about this pumping motion (that moves their arm to the middle) something small there needs to be fixed/improved so that it works on people that know to keep their arm wide and away from the middle.

Array

School
    10PJJ-Ronin
    by the way: i feel like now that you're out of physical jiu jitsu because of your back, you could make the studying tape 5 episode happen..what do you think?
    with a lot of muddy waters, gogo clinch and lockdown action and escapes

and i wish you all the best with your back!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    by the way: i feel like now that you're out of physical jiu jitsu because of your back, you could make the studying tape 5 episode happen..what do you think?
    with a lot of muddy waters, gogo clinch and lockdown action and escapes

and i wish you all the best with your back!
    Hard to make a Studying Tape episode when I currently can't roll