Page 177 of 247 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2467
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    How come we never hear about any juicy BJJ conspiracies?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Kurzy,

Sounds pretty dumb buddy. I’m not in a position to in any way damage Eddies credibility and it's not my goal. You can challenge a person's thoughts without damaging their credibility.

I "cast doubt" when people claim to know, without doubt, that they are correct, or I think it will be fun. We don’t really have people here casting doubt on "the official story" but if we did, there are plenty of conspiracy theorist to challenge them. I do not personally subscribe to "the official story" when it comes to things like 9/11, but I am not about to say those that disagree with me are blind sheep either. Sometimes I play devil's advocate because I’m the only one here that will and I think it is entertaining to hash these things out.

My signature is intending to be proactive and maybe even elicit a response. Obviously you are emotional on these issues, but others do have a good time poking each other on these issues.
    You did insult me by calling me a pest in post #1748, beside generally talking shit in the same comment. I’m not sure why you think it is relevant if Eddie authors or shares an idea.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-30-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: kant sel

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Jiu jitsu isn't about fighting fire with fire, it's about fighting fire with water. Some of the greatest lessons we learn extend beyond the mat; e.g. how to react (or not react) to a certain situation, how we carry ourselves, and the bar that we set with our actions. Reflection is key, not in the sense of having regrets about anything, but using each instance as a lesson to improve ourselves over time. That is the essence of jiu jitsu. This forum can be a useful tool to supplement knowledge gained in training, to network, to share ideas, to find a place to train etc. When someone stoops to the lowest common denominator by bringing Eddie's rectum into the picture, especially on the Q/A thread which you know he reads, it denigrates the image of the forum. When I got on the forum, there was one guy who will remain nameless, a white belt with thousands of posts not unlike yourself, that was spewing some hate at me over some inane topic. I remembered that, I remembered his name. I kept calm, didn't push the envelope here on the forum. Lo and behold, a few months later, we both coincidentally happened to be vacationing in the same city and went to the same 10p gym to train. We partnered together, introduced ourselves, and I'm like "you're on the forums right?" He's like "yeah." He told me where he's from, which I could identify as the Location of the dude who was hating on me. In my mind, I'm like 'ohhhhh shit this is the guy'. We had a nice drilling session, though I could tell he spent much more of his time online versus on the mats than I did, as evidenced by his thousands of posts and his less than elementary understanding of the warmups. When we rolled, short of causing injury, I absolutely railed on him. Tapped him damn near a dozen times, no regrets, no apologies, no mercy. I outweighed him by probably 40 pounds, and made him feel every last ounce of it. Now this might seemingly contradict my 'fight fire with water' statement, but I haven't heard the guy talk shit on the forum since. So you might say it came back around to bite him in a very, very real way. The fire got put out, all within the confines of why we're here in the first place, which is jiu jitsu. The lesson here is, an insult here on the forum might make you feel better and might even have some entertainment value, but remember that you're part of a community that trains under a unified banner. This is different than your typical online forum in that sense, the fact that as long as you keep training, there is a very good chance you will come across these same people on the mats one day. You may see the dude at a random mat down the line, and trust me you don't want to be paired up with that guy knowing that you have unresolved beef.

It sounds like you're reflecting on this though, which is the best thing you can do. Everything that happens in life, good or bad, is a lesson. No harm no foul, all love homie
    Your post seems to have an arrogant tone, maybe it is not intended, maybe I’m reading that into your words. You are not morally superior to me in the way you handle yourself off the mat. If you think that calling someone an ass licker is the lowest common denominator, you are not familiar with this forum or Eddies own manner of speech.

I don’t say anything about Eddie that I would hide from him, so I don’t see the problem with my comment being on a thread that he will read. I don’t think Eddie is as sensitive to this as you seem to.

Not using potty words on a forum and instead crushing a much smaller, lower belt is in no way a superior way to act nor something you should be proud of. I treat others with respect as long as they do the same, without regard to where they train or do not train.

I don’t say or not say things because I’m afraid I might get beat up or tapped. I’ve been paired up with people I don’t care for in the past, it happens. In this case, it’s not on me.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 12-30-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: add paragraphs

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Your post seems to have an arrogant tone, maybe it is not intended, maybe I’m reading that into your words. You are not morally superior to me in the way you handle yourself off the mat. If you think that calling someone an ass licker is the lowest common denominator, you are not familiar with this forum or Eddies own manner of speech.

I don’t say anything about Eddie that I would hide from him, so I don’t see the problem with my comment being on a thread that he will read. I don’t think Eddie is as sensitive to this as you seem to.

Not using potty words on a forum and instead crushing a much smaller, lower belt is in no way a superior way to act nor something you should be proud of. I treat others with respect as long as they do the same, without regard to where they train or do not train.

I don’t say or not say things because I’m afraid I might get beat up or tapped. I’ve been paired up with people I don’t care for in the past, it happens. In this case, it’s not on me.
    My tone was reflective, if anything. Take it as you may. Peace.
    Rigan Machado: In Brazil, we have three masters; Helio Gracie, Carlos Gracie, and Renato Laranja.
    Renato Laranja: You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...gonna be a hich man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    My tone was reflective, if anything. Take it as you may. Peace.
    I prefer to take it as you intended it, rather than my impression of your tone. Thanks for clarifying.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Fellas I love all your goofy asses, but take it to another thread. Then you can argue to your hearts content, just don't do it on Eddies Q&A thread. Thanks.

Actually I'll create a thread "The un-safe space" where pages of arguments can go forever and not derail someone else's thread.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Kennedy View Post
    Hey Eddie

Any plans to update the smoke serpent profile on Spotify? There's only one song at the moment (dropped)
    Just go to SoundCloud.com/Eddie-Bravo All my shit is there, thank you for the support
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    How come we never hear about any juicy BJJ conspiracies?
    Ibjjf is owned by the rothchilds
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

Follow me on twitter @eddiebravo

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Listen to my music soundcloud.com/eddie-bravo

Join 10p on facebook.com/10thplanetjj

Click on EVENTS for upcoming seminars and comedy dates

Eddie,

Im a white belt with no training.. although I am looking to start. With all the vidoes ie. warmups, techniques etc woudl it be affet to start at home rather then hitting a school (money is tight) ? If so is there a process to follow like step 1, 2, 3, etc and if so is there belt grading with these training videos if done at home? This might be answered somewhere on this q&a although I really cant read 177 pages worth atm

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Assuming the fee and proper accommodations were in tow, would you ever consider giving a seminar at a non-10p affiliated school?
    Rigan Machado: In Brazil, we have three masters; Helio Gracie, Carlos Gracie, and Renato Laranja.
    Renato Laranja: You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...gonna be a hich man.