School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    That was good
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Are there any pro/cons to finishing the calf slicer locking your triangle on the inside compared to the outside or visa versa? Saw a video where the guy says the triangle on the inside opens you up for a knee bar but I dont see how that would be very high percentage when your calf slicing them. Zog, Yockel, Sean, Anybody?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    Are there any pro/cons to finishing the calf slicer locking your triangle on the inside compared to the outside or visa versa? Saw a video where the guy says the triangle on the inside opens you up for a knee bar but I dont see how that would be very high percentage when your calf slicing them. Zog, Yockel, Sean, Anybody?
    The knee bar happens while triangling on the inside because the leg than can get kneebar'd is the leg that hooks over closing the triangle. The guy on the bottom (or getting knee crushed) can do a rolling kneebar. However having the waistlock helps prevent this, but for sure triangling on the outside is the best in my opinion to prevent this.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    That makes sense. So jut be mindful if you lock it up on the inside. I go for the lock on the outside for te most part but I was jus wondering.
    I had a team mate suggest something tonight. He suggested attacking upper body stuff while having the calf slicer locked in. I locked the ham sandwich up twice on him but could finish it. Thought it was an interesting thought.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Yes I use it as control as well. RNC is beast off that along with some Gene LeBellesq neck cranks and abnominal twists.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The knee bar happens while triangling on the inside because the leg than can get kneebar'd is the leg that hooks over closing the triangle. The guy on the bottom (or getting knee crushed) can do a rolling kneebar. However having the waistlock helps prevent this, but for sure triangling on the outside is the best in my opinion to prevent this.
    Well said. I 100% agree. Do know though, that knee bar isn't east to catch, man It's a very difficult roll with the leg sandwiched up and him clung to your waist like a koala bear. .

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    That makes sense. So jut be mindful if you lock it up on the inside. I go for the lock on the outside for te most part but I was jus wondering.
    I had a team mate suggest something tonight. He suggested attacking upper body stuff while having the calf slicer locked in. I locked the ham sandwich up twice on him but could finish it. Thought it was an interesting thought.
    Lots of Nasty moves available, RNC's all day, it's a little different control though. I like the choke with the opposite side arm of the leg I'm slicing.. There so much there!! You can even toe hold him! It's one I use alot.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Yea, I strive to get the lock on the outside. It helps to have it that way when things go sour there as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Applegate View Post
    Yea, I strive to get the lock on the outside. It helps to have it that way when things go sour there as well.
    Yup, maybe use that inside leg (slicing one) as a butterfly to help with positinng later on to pass or recover guard, depending.. Also the outside leg being free you can put that hook in if you wanna transition to back control. Very good stuff, you seem to have a very deep understanding of this move/position. +1

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast