Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Ok so this can't be a have zogs babies thread.. I mean i guess it can.. But.. Lets not.

So what's y'all's take on the knot entry from the bottom of mount? Zog you got a vid we could share of this technique so we can discuss the details?

I love it and we drilled it today for the first time in a couple years.. Students loved it and landed it rolling today. Fun times!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Btw this leglock thread is the highlight of the forum to me....

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Ok so this can't be a have zogs babies thread.. I mean i guess it can.. But.. Lets not.

So what's y'all's take on the knot entry from the bottom of mount? Zog you got a vid we could share of this technique so we can discuss the details?

I love it and we drilled it today for the first time in a couple years.. Students loved it and landed it rolling today. Fun times!
    16min Mark:

I do it a tad different now, I go hands to the hips not the ribs, then right to the heisman position.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Btw this leglock thread is the highlight of the forum to me....
    Ive quite enjoyed it myself!

I like the knee knot a lot. I def don't have it to a dead zone but I like it. I still dont have it in my muscle memory to reap the knee at all so its going to take some reps to undo the IBJJF damage!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Oh the IBJJF training scars.. Yucky. No worries, they are fixable with many reps! Stay dedicated to the knot, trust me! I've used the knot for many many years and yeah, it's as dead a zone as any when done right. You can literally hold them for hours if you wanted.. Everyone that uses this position agrees.. It's so nasty.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Zog I do it a little different than that also. Essentially the same move though. Hands on hips, and I enter the wedge immediately then I go right into the roll and the knot is tied by the time we finish the roll. Is this how your doin it nowadays? Little diff? I'm not 100% on you names either. Depth change is the roll?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The heisman position with the hand on the tricep (like th heisman escape) and the heel on the hip while on your side is like the NY of RG (hand is on the mat)once there you are ready to move forward and submit. There are basic 4 options:

1) The Cleave-breaking him down into prone position, while you obtain outside wedge, to finsihg.

2)The Depth Charge- this is when they attmept to corkscrew out, hug their knee and swim move as you roll, establish the knee knott, then finish.

3)The Sickle- When the try and stand and Square up break their balance with the right heel on the hip, kick out their far knee with your butterfly hook turn to your inside hip to the knee knot, finish.

4)The Bail Out -(still looking for an actual name)They stand up, square up and attempt to pop you heel off the hip. You switch to a single leg X, Elevate the hips and rotate knee clockwise. Finish as a knee slice pass or to turn to the outside clamp/ straight ankle lock (like the finish in the hail mary warm ups).

...There are more advanced options like the knee compression and knee bars. These are just the ones I start focusing on first.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Im having trouble finishing the Oliveira calf slicer. Does it make more of a difference to finish on top? I have no trouble setting it up and actually was able to set it up about 8 times yesterday but couldnt get the finish
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I find it easier.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I find it easier.
    Ill make that adjustment
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast