Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Everyone down here calls it the Oliviera. Its bread and butter for some of our guys.

What is this Turkey Wrap?
    First one in this video:

Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by sean marshall View Post
    ftmfw!!!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Me like turkeywrap.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I love the turkey wrap. Been landing this for years and on some really, really good guys too. I use a different setup, as I mentioned earlier, I attack a kneebar first, and have these 2 compression locks waiting in the wings for each escape..

I've seen some injuries from compression locks, and I accidentally broke someone myself with this turkey wrap. I 100% agree with zogs list. With that said, a well applied compression lock can break bones and rip ligaments, I'm sure zog will agree you can break stuff with a quality compression lock..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    I love the turkey wrap. Been landing this for years and on some really, really good guys too. I use a different setup, as I mentioned earlier, I attack a kneebar first, and have these 2 compression locks waiting in the wings for each escape..

I've seen some injuries from compression locks, and I accidentally broke someone myself with this turkey wrap. I 100% agree with zogs list. With that said, a well applied compression lock can break bones and rip ligaments, I'm sure zog will agree you can break stuff with a quality compression lock..
    Absolutely, the first thing that usually goes is the bursa which is extrememly painful followed by any number of tendon, ligament and structural damage.

The reason I put it so high on the list as some people have a way higher pain tolerance to this type of submission, It doesn't mean they won't get injured, it means they might fight it all the way to the point of an injury.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Im my opinion the strongest of the Straight Ankle locks is the Inverted Straight Ankle lock. I show one version here at the 6:22 Mark. This is very similar to the one that caused the compound fracture at GQ.
    I learn so much better from watching videos like this that have multiple "what if" scenarios on a single move. Whether the opponent keeps his leg straight or bent, you have an answer for it. Too often you'll see people teach a single move and then move on to a completely different move without explaining what to do if your opponent doesn't just go along with it like he would in practice. Then you feel like "oh, this move just doesn't work or is low percentage". Even if the person teaches you the counter later on, I feel like its harder to piece it together.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    I learn so much better from watching videos like this that have multiple "what if" scenarios on a single move. Whether the opponent keeps his leg straight or bent, you have an answer for it. Too often you'll see people teach a single move and then move on to a completely different move without explaining what to do if your opponent doesn't just go along with it like he would in practice. Then you feel like "oh, this move just doesn't work or is low percentage". Even if the person teaches you the counter later on, I feel like its harder to piece it together.
    I agree with you Tom. I prefer wen an instructor teaches more than just the technique. I like when he will teach more of the system around the move. Why you would go to that move te small details that make it work and the concepts around it. I know Ryan Hall takes shots at 10th a planet but his instructionals are right up my alley because of the way he teaches.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Sooo, I was brainstorming more entries to the turkey wrap. What ya think about off of a crop duster? Passing the butterfly's like that you are pretty close to one. Just had this idea 30 seconds ago? Anyone played with this? Zog whatcha think? I haven't had a human body yet to try my idea before asking so I apologize if the idea is preposterous and been squashed in the past.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    Sooo, I was brainstorming more entries to the turkey wrap. What ya think about off of a crop duster? Passing the butterfly's like that you are pretty close to one. Just had this idea 30 seconds ago? Anyone played with this? Zog whatcha think? I haven't had a human body yet to try my idea before asking so I apologize if the idea is preposterous and been squashed in the past.

Hmmm at what point would you set up your grip? After you put your shin across and before the pass?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    After 2 Zoginars, my go-to for leg locks is the hand pressing foot flex from either the wedge or knee knot. I really like calf crushers too, especially from the truck.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast