Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    I learn so much better from watching videos like this that have multiple "what if" scenarios on a single move. Whether the opponent keeps his leg straight or bent, you have an answer for it. Too often you'll see people teach a single move and then move on to a completely different move without explaining what to do if your opponent doesn't just go along with it like he would in practice. Then you feel like "oh, this move just doesn't work or is low percentage". Even if the person teaches you the counter later on, I feel like its harder to piece it together.
    Smart Guy!!!!
    @ Brent I like a lot of Ryan Hall's stuff and do think hes a great teacher. I just dont like the 50/50 stuff, to many ways to counter.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Smart Guy!!!!
    @ Brent I like a lot of Ryan Hall's stuff and do think hes a great teacher. I just dont like the 50/50 stuff, to many ways to counter.
    Def agree with the 5050 sentiment. I put a little bit of focus on it but it felt like too even of a battle. So now when I get there I use the Caio terra escape and get the F out. I was more so thinking of the Deep Half and Inverted Guard DVD when i was typing that.
    Whats your go to Yockel?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post

Hmmm at what point would you set up your grip? After you put your shin across and before the pass?
    Yeah. I landed one, then immediately went and asked like 30 sec later. Guy I did it too is a white belt, so no offense to him but the move might be bullshit and me still get him. This is why I asked. Was there too far a skill gap? or is this actually legit?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I'm excited to try it on better opponents tonight.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    ... Or I could have forced a move that isn't there on a white belt.. Lol. I just figured I'd ask what the fellow leg lockers thought of it first. Zog, thoughts? Yokel? Anyone?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I've been liking the Toe Hold from Z-Guard

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Def agree with the 5050 sentiment. I put a little bit of focus on it but it felt like too even of a battle. So now when I get there I use the Caio terra escape and get the F out. I was more so thinking of the Deep Half and Inverted Guard DVD when i was typing that.
    Whats your go to Yockel?
    Depends the position

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If you are referring to High legging (like a capoeira pass) right after you bring the knee over from the slice (essentially putting your self in top 1/4 guard). Scott, Travis and I all attack the legs from there but all a bit differently. Scott prefers the over/under ankle lock(Texas Clover leaf) and ham sandwichs from there, Travis loves high legging to Russian Cowboy for knee bars and knee compressions from there, and I usually attack straight ankles,foot flexes and toe holds from there.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Or are you talking about a seated knee compression keeping the butterfly before you knee slice?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Whats your go to Yockel?
    Please film that caio terra 50/50 escape and put it on this thread ASAP please
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast