School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    What was happening Brent?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Applegate View Post
    What was happening Brent?
    Ill get ahold of the hips but theyll spin to keep me from getting behind them then, then theyll start to leg press and extend their leg. If that makes any sense. I guess theres a knee bar there since theyre extending their leg
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

I've been working on this

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post
    Ill get ahold of the hips but theyll spin to keep me from getting behind them then, then theyll start to leg press and extend their leg. If that makes any sense. I guess theres a knee bar there since theyre extending their leg
    Were you trying the over under on the hips? Or just grabbing the waist? Was his foot on your inside or outside hip? These details will make or break getting the kill at a high percentage.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Finishing on top is the easiest Brent, finishing on the bottom is the worst for your opponent.

I'm going to disagree with Sean, I prefer the seat belt or waist lock regardless of their attempted defense. When you are hip to back there is no space for them to turn or post with a leg. Make sure its not just a "waist lock" its a tight clinch eliminating space. I've played with a variety of grips on it over the years, I like the seat belt the best. However I use the waist lock to climb up to the seat belt if I need assistance climbing up. Once the clinch is secured I can't recall a time that someone has escaped on me. Its that split second in the transition prior to the clinch that you have to watch for them spinning out, keeping their ankle on the inside and controlling the far leg (hip) will help if you are sitting up on them.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Finishing on top is the easiest Brent, finishing on the bottom is the worst for your opponent.

I'm going to disagree with Sean, I prefer the seat belt or waist lock regardless of their attempted defense. When you are hip to back there is no space for them to turn or post with a leg. Make sure its not just a "waist lock" its a tight clinch eliminating space. I've played with a variety of grips on it over the years, I like the seat belt the best. However I use the waist lock to climb up to the seat belt if I need assistance climbing up. Once the clinch is secured I can't recall a time that someone has escaped on me. Its that split second in the transition prior to the clinch that you have to watch for them spinning out, keeping their ankle on the inside and controlling the far leg (hip) will help if you are sitting up on them.
    Time for more reps! Thanks for the feedback zog! Sometimes, in training, something stops working, so instead of keeping your head down, you try to reinvent the wheel. I'm gonna have to go back and play it some more now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Its hard to say in the moment but I think I'm not clinching on the waist enough. I def have the foot on the inside hip. Ill try getting a death grip on the waist lock and rock up. I might be too content trying to finish it on bottom ala Oliveira so I'm going to get some reps in and ill make sure to do perfect reps so I can start nailing this in free rolls. Thanks for the input and I will def let y'all know how its going.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

5 days without leg lock discussion makes me sad in pants
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentSmith View Post

5 days without leg lock discussion makes me sad in pants
    that looks glorious. i love stuff like this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post

I've been working on this
    I was there for this!

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast