Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    The guys at my gym played a ton of half butterfly against me... Now no one plays half butterfly on me. Thanks sock lock!!
    That's the best entry for sure. It's so readily available. People have no idea they're putting their foot in danger of being snapped off.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Is this legal at blue belt/intermediate? Would it follow toe hold legality or is it viewed as completely seperate?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Right now it's still legal. Won't stay that way for long, I don't think.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

I could but wrong, but I thought I just read it falls under the twisting lock rules and not allowed until Brown now, but I might be wrong

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    this article shows that victor estima cleared it with the head IBJJF referee, Alvaro Mansur: http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/the-in...r-ibjjf-rules/

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Very nice, now give us all your wrist lock secrets.

I wonder if you could use the same idea to come up with a counter to the Single X position.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    this article shows that victor estima cleared it with the head IBJJF referee, Alvaro Mansur: http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/the-in...r-ibjjf-rules/
    I just watched Victor's instructional on the Estima lock and it's different to what Brandon is showing because it doesn't pin the toes. I think Sock lock is a toe hold, so it's brown belt level in ibjjf...?

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    After watching your match I had to go review this lock, and man I am going to work on this. Now when someone is transitioning to ashi if they get there foot caught into that position, do you think you could use it to a certain degree to help defend?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    BMac's sock lock looks like a straight footlock to me. Toe holds rotate the ankle. Straight foot locks flex the ankle straight back. Looks legal to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast