Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppet Master

Array

School
    HQ

Puppet Master

After seeing the baratoplata and reverse spider web threads, I was reminded of those old puppet master vids from distant past. Wondering if any of you have played the game and if so, thoughts?

Array

School
    HQ

Array

School
    HQ

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I remember Zog saying they tested it a while ago and it had too many holes. Im not sure exactly what failed in this (I would actually love to know Zog). I seems though if you have a strong pyramid clinch, all you need to do is hook that arm and everything else is money, especially at least the sweep, but then again Im a fuckin retard so there's that....

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ok I'll give a real quick abriged version as I've told the story in length detail before a few times.

1)I just need to say this the "Wolverine" and his family are super nice people.
    2)Any system that overlooks or bypasses legit solid submission attemps for less effcient and more complex sets of techniques is seriously flawed.
    3)If you post technique videos, you better be able to pull that information off on live resistant human beings, and it must work on skilled people.
    4)When he came and rolled with me and my students he got smashed by everyone, even my white belts. His RG didn't exist beyond mission control, even when guys were allowing him to start there.
    5)He had claimed some rank before coming there, and then told me to my face he had no offical rank.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    So fun to catch on white belts you have 20lbs on

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Def a fun move to go for but I have yet to see it used effectively. The transition from back mount seems like a legit transition though. The trick is getting the rubix cube but I have some difficulty getting that foot hooked in. I think doing it from a stock might be an easier transition but haven't tested it out.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

This is the ninja plata and if I ever catch this choke for some reason, that's what I'm calling it. This existed first and Horwich has done it in pro MMA. This guy seems like a nice guy, but I don't find anything he added to be significantly useful. To bad the ninja-plata is always associated with this guy instead of Horwich.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I don't see any reason to not change the name if someone starts hitting it regularly. Puppet Master is a cool name and all but its quite obvious the reps haven't been put in by Jeff to get the honor of naming it. Maybe he came up with a rough path but not high percentage at all. Then again whats in a name...
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Since its along the lines of a crucifix Id like to take it to the lab and see if there's a better way to do it. Gotta be some worth.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast