Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Puppet Master

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    One of my beginner students was asking me about the puppet master a couple of weeks ago. I think he almost didn't believe me when I told him there was a guy with mutton chops called "Wolverine" who had a youtube series on the position years ago.

Thanks for this thread. I will direct him here.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I think my sensei has a fairly legit setup for the rubix cube. He doesn't play rubber guard a lot anymore, but I think he got the technique watching Jerome Basilio, not Wolverine. But I don't think it is his number one rubber guard move either. Usually when I see him play rubber guard he sets up the stock and executes a crooked triangle.

Array

School
    southgate figthing academy
    I showed a few lads in the club the puppet master a while back and they've started using it for rsw transitions and leaving it in for kimuras from there etc. but it feels like they have a bit less control in rsw because of it.
    One of the guys on here David Anderson is extremely tall and has been to make it a high percentage part of his game, gets it with very little effort

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Garvey View Post
    I showed a few lads in the club the puppet master a while back and they've started using it for rsw transitions and leaving it in for kimuras from there etc. but it feels like they have a bit less control in rsw because of it.
    One of the guys on here David Anderson is extremely tall and has been to make it a high percentage part of his game, gets it with very little effort
    I find going from the meathook to hindu control sets up the puppet master nicely, but yeah you're right, them long legs make it a death trap if its done right.

Array

School
    southgate figthing academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kavanagh View Post
    I find going from the meathook to hindu control sets up the puppet master nicely, but yeah you're right, them long legs make it a death trap if its done right.
    Crickleys drags into it are death as well

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    He doesn't even use the RG stuff to set it up, its like a flying puppet master. Dudes a beast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I usually set it up from the meat hook it's by far the easiest way as long as you control the wrist, and if they can slip the arm out then you have the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    If someone can show me a legit set up please show me ASAP
    In the video below, Neil Melanson uses the Irish Collar to reach the Boston Handshake, which isolates the arm in the same way as the rubix cube, but using your hand instead of your foot:

https://youtu.be/8nD2Goq33yw?t=10m33s

So maybe the Boston Handshake could help set up the rubix cube.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions

Looks like some Judokas mess around with it too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123