Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia

How did you discover 10th Planet and Eddie.

Anyone feel like sharing how they came to find the system?
    Since we lost the last thread I thought we could re-share.
    I stumbled across Mastering the Rubberguard book, I think back in 2009 in a book store here in Tasmania and thought it was pretty down to earth and cool. I found Frank Barca the next year and jump at the chance to learn from him. Best decision I have ever made.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Jiu Jitsu Unleashed. Then got introduced more to 10th Planet when I started training with Gerald Strebendt.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    A guy in the gym showed me the lockdown and the Duda n I was hooked.

It would take years until I would start learning the system due to location and knee surgery etc but I always kept my eye on 10th planet n bought the books to follow what I could.

Then 10th planet Glasgow opened n that was me

Array

School
    Ronin
    My old MMA coach hosted Eddie for a seminar in 2009 in Syracuse. I was pretty burned out on the Thai boxing plus wrestling formula at that gym, but meeting Eddie and Coach Herzog super charged me and I became a 10th Planet fanatic. I've never looked back since.

Array

School
    10WO
    Downtime due to a shoulder surgery from a judo ingury led me to evaluate my sorely lacking ground game. I picked up Mastering the Rubber Guard at Barnes and Nobles as it was the best step-by-step instructions of a guard system and wasn't just a random collection, but every technique flowed from the preceding one. Best martial arts related purchase I ever made!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    April 2011, I start training with Keith Owen, two weeks into training, I see a George Sotiropoulos fight where he is RUNNING SHIT within his guard... So I try to emulate what he was doing, I had no idea he was playing Rubber Guard... I just thought it was some "Cool Leg Tricks"

Keith sees me completely fucking it up and tells me about some books I need to read (Mastering The Rubber Guard and Twister) and then he tells me some things about Eddie Bravo (nothing but good things)... So I read the books and get hooked on the System

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Submissions 101 on YouTube..... I'm glad I found the real shit

Array

School
    no school in the area
    team aqua where i train showed eddie match vs royler gracie on the screen and saw alot of eddie on youtube when he'd compete so from that time i loved the system that time i train the gi al the time . but a buddy ogf mine bought his book the rubber gaurd
    sinse then we're in love with eddie euhhhh i mean his system !

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    When I was 16, my mom got me MTRG for Christmas and I've been hooked ever since. 10p4l!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    In 2006, Josh (10P Sunshine) and I met in LA to check out what Eddie Bravo was all about, as I was amazed at what I saw from the footage of ADCC 2003 against Royler. I had to know if this system was real. I needed to see for myself what 10th Planet JJ was all about. In the flesh!
    I never forget the feeling when I saw Eddies TWISTER dvd and listening to his commentary of his career at that point gave me a feeling of what kind of a person Eddie was. Would he accept me? Could I cut it? Did Josh and I have what it took to survive and be accepted by Eddie and the savages at HQ? Well, we got slaughtered that first week and we were smiling all the way through it.We both knew we found something really unique and Eddie was as cool as fuck!

So we met there and trained at the Bomb squad in its last week of existence before Eddie moved to Legends gym (Labrea and Hollywood). We were blown away and I have been back 10 times in 7 yrs and Josh has been back training with Eddie and the HQ killers 4 times. The rest is history!

I opened our affiliate when the OG's did and I believe we were number 7 in the original group of 11 or 12 at the time. Josh in 2011.

I look back now and see how far we have come and its incredible how we have infected so many great people, and I appreciate everything Master Eddie has done in leading us into a very exciting 10P future. The support I got from Josh was, and still is, amazing. Together we have been able to hold our own against the Jiu Jitsu grain in Oz and we are super proud of the fact that through our determination and belief in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, we were able to overcome many obstacles and many dark times to get to where we are today. The work continues but as many of you moon heads know, there is lots more work to do.

I have had the privilege to teach over 30 seminars and hours and hours of privates around the country and infect as many players as possible. Why? Because I felt and still feel, that every Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school's no gi system should be 10th Planet JJ! I even exposed 10PL to the Carribean in 2010 on an Island called Curacao where I could see the Venezuelan mountains from the beach I was teaching rubberguard from. It was INSANE! I even made it on Curacao TV!

Since the 2006 birth of 10th Planet JJ Melbourne, we have attracted students from Tasmania (Jem and the crew), regional Victoria ( Jason Faren and the shepparton crew)
    South Australia (Matthew Grub and crew) Queensland ( Tiran Holmes Vypa MMA) and a whole bunch of some of the coolest homies you could ask for stretching from Sydney to Western Oz and from so many other areas of Australia. SUPPORT! Its a beautiful thing. And its available to everyone. If fact, I reckon the 10P4L family is the tightest group I've ever been involved with over my 35 yr career in the MA's.

In 2011, Eddie came to Melbourne in a show of support for the Melbourne affiliate and has returned each year since. How lucky are we! With Rob Bradley working his Jersey ass off on MTS and all the insane support from the 10WO moonhead association, EBR, Joe Rogan and Joey Coco Diaz offering so much love and support and from everyone I have met and trained with at LA 10P HQ, and from my brothers and sisters from around the planet, has been an honour.

So, there you have it Jem. A snap shot of the history of 10th Planet JJ in Australia.

#thegreatestjjsystemontheplanet

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast