Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands

back from the dead. rants about current M3 situation.

Hello everyone. I'm glad to be back. Was out of internet sight, but not outtasight in real life.

I've recently heard of all the crud going on with M3. It's just laughable, the level of wackness(for lack of a better word) that is going on. I mean to force Eddie into a nogi match where he must wear gi pants and Royler gets to pull and tug at them? On the flipside, Royler gets to wear shorts and Eddie can't grab at them. So much for a NoGi match.

What ever happened to:
    EB: Hey let's do a NoGi match?
    RG: Okay cool.
    EB: Ref, set the timer for 20 mins. NoGi rules!

Anyhow, I just wanna see a good, respectable NoGi match between the 2, and the winner wins outright without any asterisks behind their 'W'. Make it ADCC style rules just like the first time.

Peace y'all!
    Slick

Sam Sales

I used to be all about the rashguards and spats etc, but nowadays I won't wear them. Maybe a rashguard sometimes, but not rash tights. I realized how ridiculous I looked pretty much head to toe in lycra. For combat. Gi trousers and a t-shirt/no shirt for me nowadays. Fair play to those that can pull it off.

Agree though 100%.

Hope Royler doesn't back out/get an injury. Eddie is gonna take his arm home. Wont be a triangle this time.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    It's a ridiculous situation. I hope the fans see this for what it is. I know Royler is a legend and all that. Everyone's been saying if he loses, it doesn't matter. He's still a legend. But for this stunt, especially if any pants grabbing contributes to a possible win, I feel like it's going to tarnish his legacy. Personally, I was never a huge fan of his, but I respected him. But I've lost respect over this stunt.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I wear spats and I DGAF how it looks. It's for function, not fashioon, in my books.

I always find I get my toes tangled up in Gi pants or shorts that are too big. (I have two pair of Melee 34" waist shorts that I can't wear rolling because it's like wearing a tarp now that I have lost weight, so I only use them for lifting now)

Welcome back Slick!

Sam Sales

well if I walked round day to day in spats I might consider wearing them again. However gi trousers are much closer to my regular clothing. If I got into an unavoidable streetfight I don't want to be laying there wishing I had my spats on.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    lol

Sam Sales

Unless you are competing in spats there is pretty much zero reason for choosing them over gi trousers. For similar reasons that Eddie decided to drop the gi. Why train in spats then compete in shorts or trousers? And If you don't compete and you train for self defence etc for example (like I do) then surely wearing as close to what I regularly wear would be the most beneficial for me.
    Just my opinion.

Array

School
    Moonhead 10th Planet Bergen
    WTF.. Whats this?? Who`s making this demand?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    To be fair I find spats (Scramble, Origin, and other Sublimated Lycra Brands) aren't good for gripping, but they are great for passing, and pulling your leg out of a submission. Cotton "tights" are great for gripping and really have no drawbacks in my mind. Gi Pants, are cool for the winter in my opinion as that shit gets hot as fuck in the summer, and the grip is insane on those things.

Personally I think tights/spats are lame, but to each their own.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Frode Nilsen View Post
    WTF.. Whats this?? Who`s making this demand?
    Royler threatened Eddie with legal action if he didn't wear gi trousers.
    It even feels ridiculous typing it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast