Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I'm fine with these rules, I just want to do this :-)
    That's all fine and dandy, and we respect the fuck out of you for being okay with it. However, I'm upset by this. If you go in there, against those rules, and happen to lose.. then we get to hear all of the bullshit about how 10P sucks and shit. I really could careless what people have to say or think, BUT 10thPlanet Jiujitsu, in my opinion, does not get the credit that they, you all, us, deserve. Beating Royler again, everything fair, would show the world just how legit 10P is. It would silence a lot of the "haters", and probably make business blow the fuck up even more.

Just my rant of the afternoon..don't mind me.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by jarett smith View Post

edit: It's going to be absolutely hysterical if eddie wins for a reason directly related to his gi-pants (some sweep or submission facilitated by grabbing his own pants.) that would be some nice poetic justice.
    word!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    makes sense to me. royler is a gi guy and eddie is a no gi guy, they get to play to their strengths ( sorta ) while having equal ground. if it was stricly gi then royler would have a big advantage and if it was stricly no gi eddie should have the big advantage.
    No. That is not equal ground. No one else gets "special" rules. This is stacking the deck not evening out the playig field. It is supposed to be strickly no-gi, it's a No-Gi rematch.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    No. That is not equal ground. No one else gets "special" rules. This is stacking the deck not evening out the playig field. It is supposed to be strickly no-gi, it's a No-Gi rematch.
    I completely agree with you Chris Herzog, and I respect Eddie's attitude toward this, but these rules are stacking the deck for roylers favor in a major way! I mean, come on TELLING Eddie that he HAS to wear Gi Pants, just to allow Royler to grab them, then saying Royler gets to wear shorts, and Eddie cant grab them, WTF is that??

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I completely agree with you Chris Herzog, and I respect Eddie's attitude toward this, but these rules are stacking the deck for roylers favor in a major way! I mean, come on TELLING Eddie that he HAS to wear Gi Pants, just to allow Royler to grab them, then saying Royler gets to wear shorts, and Eddie cant grab them, WTF is that??

Royler wanted to be able to grab eveything and Eddie wasn't allowed to grab anything. Straight punking out.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Royler looking for any reason to pull out is all this is. He put out a set of rules he thought Eddie would turn down. I will be surprised if he stops here honestly. No other answer besides Royler really does not want this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Royler wanted to be able to grab eveything and Eddie wasn't allowed to grab anything. Straight punking out.
    Total Punk Out... Since when is that ok to have two sets of rules in a match.. aLso with all due respect to the gracies, the only reason this was able to happen, is because the Gracies put the event on.. I mean there has never been a Nogi match where one fighter was able to grab clothes and the other couldnt. And of course it happens in a fight where the only man to beat Royler fights him in rematch.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I'm disappointed in Ralek too. How the fuck is he going to let this happen at his event?!?

Array

School
    no school in the area
    didn't eddie said he fights in tights and short ?

i just read the Q&A and as far as i understood, both will wear gi pants, right ?

but here in this topic it says only eddie will wear them , while royler will be on board shorts w/ rashguard + royler can hold at eddies pants and eddie cannot grab at royler boardshorts

is this it ?

please, make it clear. who can grab what, who will be wearing what and why

if this is a rule imposition by royler its completely unfair and a clear indication of how scared and trying to pull it off from roylers side.
    very sad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast