Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Metamoris Rule Changes??

Whats up guys, I came across a posting on a grappling page on facebook, and it sounds like they are trying to change the rules for metamoris' in Royler's favor. This is what the posting said..

Someone sent this to me about the Metamoris 3 rematch between Eddie Bravo and Royler Gracie. Can anyone confirm this?
    "There has been some controversy in regards to the main event at Metamoris 3. Due to Eddie Bravo's recent decision to wear Grappling Tights instead of Gi Pants, Royler Gracie's attorney has been rattling some cages to make sure that his client has the clear advantage before the two ever meet on the mat. Below are the final rules for the fight:

*COMING FROM A RELIABLE/UNNAMED SOURCE*

The Rules are...

Royler is wearing Tight Shorts and a Rashguard

Eddie is wearing the Gi Pants
    ---------------

Royler can grab the pants

Eddie CAN'T grab the shorts
    ----------------

If either fighter shows up wearing anything other than the agreed upon attire... the fight is off. (This was pushed by Royler's Attorney)
    -----------------

Interesting fact:

Royler wanted to have it legal to GRAB THE RASHGUARD.

-----------------

Please Share This to help stop this embarrassment from happening to our sport! Eddie Bravo deserves to have a FAIR MATCH against Royler Gracie!

Does anyone know if this is accurate, or just some more Facebook fabricated crap??

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Wow this is so sad. I know its probably not my place but Royler is such a bitch. You can even tell by all the interviews and countdown videos. He says nothing of substance and gives the PC response. Eddie is the only one being real here. Hes so scared. Hes such a disgrace to jiu-jitsu and the Gracie family. What would/do Helio, Carlos, Carlson, Rickson, Rolls, Renzo, Roger, Ralph, Rose, Kron and Royce truly think about this. Smh

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    yeah, check the last several pages of the Ask Me Anything thread, Eddie talked about it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    makes sense to me. royler is a gi guy and eddie is a no gi guy, they get to play to their strengths ( sorta ) while having equal ground. if it was stricly gi then royler would have a big advantage and if it was stricly no gi eddie should have the big advantage.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    makes sense to me. royler is a gi guy and eddie is a no gi guy, they get to play to their strengths ( sorta ) while having equal ground. if it was stricly gi then royler would have a big advantage and if it was stricly no gi eddie should have the big advantage.
    Eddie will be in a big disadvantage with current rules.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I'm fine with these rules, I just want to do this :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Making you wear Gi pants in a NO-GI match.
    That's an armbar.

Array

School
    AMC Pankration
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I'm fine with these rules, I just want to do this :-)
    That's why we all respect the shit outta you
    No johns, just business (b^_^)b

Array

School
    DCU MMA
    I think the point Eddie is making is that, he wants to just agree to this shit just so he doesn't give Royler an excuse to pull out. Grabbing the gi pants doesn't change the whole game, just Eddie needs to be careful with his entries to the clinch. Once it is clinched then it won't matter much.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    That's ridiculous. I saw this in the Q&A thread but assumed that the change meant BOTH competitors would be wearing gi pants. By doing this, even if Royler did win, it would completely undermine his win's legitimacy. Sounds like he's scared.

The fact that Eddie is going along with this is a testament to his sportsmanship and general badassery, but what a douche-move by Royler.

Can't wait to see Royler get demolished, regardless of the competition wardrobe.

EDIT: It's going to be absolutely hysterical if Eddie wins for a reason directly related to his gi-pants (some sweep or submission facilitated by grabbing his own pants.) That would be some nice poetic justice.

But judging by Royler's attitude thus far, he'd probably spin that into an excuse about how he should have won.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast