Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How Did You Get Your Nickname?

Einstein, 300, Freakshow...Where in the world did your nickname come from?
    Personally, I think I've had about 50 nicknames in my life...but none have ever stuck.
    What made yours stick?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I was jawing back and forth with one of my team mates and he said "Please you're about as scary as a macaroni salad". So salada de macarrão was started. Macarrão for short. Figured it would just go away not thinking much of it but it stuck.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Well, I was born on Columbus Day and my dad was pretty unoriginal so he named me Christopher. Consequently enough that was too much name to say every time he needed a cup of coffee or his feet rubbed so he shortened it to Chris.
    Thus a lifetime of being confused with at least 10 other people in the room at any given time or location.....

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by chris ludington View Post
    Well, I was born on Columbus Day and my dad was pretty unoriginal so he named me Christopher. Consequently enough that was too much name to say every time he needed a cup of coffee or his feet rubbed so he shortened it to Chris.
    Thus a lifetime of being confused with at least 10 other people in the room at any given time or location.....
    My parents named me James Smith...Didnt want people to call me "jim" so they called me by my middle name...wtf
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    HQ
    I have several nicknames.

Rolls Royce, Royce Gracie
    -Not sure if you guys already knew, but Royce is a well known name in the jiujitsu scene *sarcasm*

Kim-ichu
    -Back in my Navy days, my fellow shipmates took note of my Pokemon addiction. It's a portmanteau of my last name and Pikachu.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Some people call me the space cowboy...

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    I get called dr oggtapus.

Last name is Ogg n my legs are bendy as feck n usually found in a number of daft positions lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I have had a few nicknames but the most used is Cornbread. It started as an inside joke on a video we were filming and took off from there.

When I first started at 10p Decatur, Brandon called me Frodo Sandbaggins and still does from time to time. Im a hairy, short legged guy and kind of a nerd so it makes sense.

my first name is Barry
    my dad often called me Barry Boy

My very close friends do too.....one of them shortened it to BB and it kinda stuck.

I used it on the forum for the combo reasons of being at a hater bjj school (lol, i know they on here lurkin, lol) and because my job requires me to be super careful what I say online, not national security type stuff - they just ask us not to say crazy shit online. I always like the option to say or agree with crazy shit.... hence the nick name rather than the real name.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    My first day at 10th Planet, the guys heard my name was Amber and they started calling me armbar. It fits though considering all of my submissions in competition have been an armbar. From guard, spiderweb, it doesn't matter.

When I have cornrows in for competition, I get called Jacksonville. I guess it's because of the guy from the movie spring breakers. John and Josh started it so they know the reason behind it better than me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast