Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Arron Higginbotham Competition Videos

This is one of our newest students. His name is Arron Higginbotham. Arron has Cerebral Palsey. His dream is to be a competitor and we are trying our best to help him achieve this dream! Please post here and show your support for Arron. I know any encouraging words you have for him would be appreciated!

He wanted me to post both of his videos. The first one is against a very experienced MMA fighter who was kind enough to get down and engage with Arron. It was a difficult match for both guys, although in very different ways. Arron was awarded the victory on points. We are very grateful to Robert Terrell for being such a humble and gracious opponent.

The second match was a little more difficult for Arron, but was a very important learning exercise for him, as well! This opponent wasn't as willing to play on Arron's terms and actually took the back and choked him unconscious. It was a scary moment, but one that I think will serve as a teaching tool as we move forward. Thank you to his opponent for honoring Arron by fighting hard and treating him the same as he would any other opponent!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Good stuffs!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    This is one of our newest students. His name is Arron Higginbotham. Arron has Cerebral Palsey. His dream is to be a competitor and we are trying our best to help him achieve this dream! Please post here and show your support for Arron. I know any encouraging words you have for him would be appreciated!

He wanted me to post both of his videos. The first one is against a very experienced MMA fighter who was kind enough to get down and engage with Arron. It was a difficult match for both guys, although in very different ways. Arron was awarded the victory on points. We are very grateful to Robert Terrell for being such a humble and gracious opponent.

The second match was a little more difficult for Arron, but was a very important learning exercise for him, as well! This opponent wasn't as willing to play on Arron's terms and actually took the back and choked him unconscious. It was a scary moment, but one that I think will serve as a teaching tool as we move forward. Thank you to his opponent for honoring Arron by fighting hard and treating him the same as he would any other opponent!

Damn. Props!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Took a nap like a man.

You are gonna have to master underhooks and shoulder pressure from top side. This is Bmc's forte so you're in good hands. Its gonna be a journey to stop your guard from getting passed, so focus a lot on staying alive and safe in bottom side and mount. You're physically strong and it shows.

Stick with it Aaron. I know people that are killers training for damn near 5 years that are afraid to compete. Lookin forward to training with you homie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Awesome what a warrior, sometimes it's good to take a nap now and again. Test your limits

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    Way to get after it !! Much respect to you for chasing your dream. Can't wait to see your future matches !!

Array

School
    10p CM/BP/OR/LV
    Aaron, great job out there. Keep up the great work.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Arron, no one thought I could be successful in competition because I don't fit peoples idea of what a competitor in a combat sport should be. Meanwhile, I hear tons of excuses from people that won’t even step into the gym to train because of some long past “shoulder”, “back” or “knee” problem. Those types of people like to project that type of “can’t” on to other people too, especially those who don’t fit the mold they have in their mind. Don’t listen to those people.

Also, it may be worth your time to google Matt Betzold. He is a friend of mine that competes in grappling and MMA. In 2012 I got choked to sleep at a Grapplers Quest be a very skilled and VERY athletic competitor. In the next round however, Matt submits THAT guy. Matt has one leg by the way. He's also a TOP level grappler and MMA fighter.
    Best of luck on your journey and keep having fun!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Nice work Aaron. 1-1 in your first tournament is a testament to your desire to compete and win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast