Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Lotus club jj miami

JJ Visualization

What do you guys think about it? do you think mentally repping moves in your mind helpful? can it add actual reps?

I tend to take notes on the techniques we learned that day and write stuff down the way I'll remember it. I do think about the warm ups in my head to try and remember them, I want them memorized so I can do them in my sleep.

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)
    Hahahah, I do it unintentionally while im stoned, I'll just zone out and think of where I either fu^ked up in a roll or where something works, it just happens, it'll happen to you too lol

Array

School
    Lotus club jj miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Campbell View Post
    I tend to take notes on the techniques we learned that day and write stuff down the way I'll remember it. I do think about the warm ups in my head to try and remember them, I want them memorized so I can do them in my sleep.

have you tried repping it mentally in first person in great detail?

Array

School
    Lotus club jj miami
    Quote Originally Posted by dpoland View Post
    Hahahah, I do it unintentionally while im stoned, I'll just zone out and think of where I either fu^ked up in a roll or where something works, it just happens, it'll happen to you too lol
    haha nice. i was wondering if before going to bed or when their is some quiet time, just close my eyes and mentally rep things. wonder if that can help get the technique down better. like getting extra reps in. get me?

Yes, burns a new pathway in your brain.

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin
    100%! Been doing it a lot recently... Helps keep all the little details into my head so when I go to roll with people I can more readily remember them. Better than doing nothing at all!

Array

School
    Ronin
    I would say yes and no. It helps you see the moves helping with reaction times because you sequence that lead to it. And you should have somewhat even if its a little bit, a better understanding of the mechanics of the move. But there's definitely an element of what I call the matrix effect (where Neo knows the move intellectually but his body still requires sometime to catch up) for new moves and after having long periods off from training.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If you can't 'see' yourself do it, you won't do it. However, mental reps generate and grow from actual reps.

Array

School
    Lotus club jj miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew "Chewie" James View Post
    I would say yes and no. It helps you see the moves helping with reaction times because you sequence that lead to it. And you should have somewhat even if its a little bit, a better understanding of the mechanics of the move. But there's definitely an element of what I call the matrix effect (where Neo knows the move intellectually but his body still requires sometime to catch up) for new moves and after having long periods off from training.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    If you can't 'see' yourself do it, you won't do it. However, mental reps generate and grow from actual reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul McKeown View Post
    100%! Been doing it a lot recently... Helps keep all the little details into my head so when I go to roll with people I can more readily remember them. Better than doing nothing at all!

thanks for the reply guys! since i havent had a gym to train at, i started doing this like a week ago. lets see how it goes. lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast