Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What sports bra do you use?

Reason i ask is. Well, everytime i roll they come out and that gets really annoying. Do yall have any good suggestions or brands? Thanks for the help

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    First off, make sure you're wearing the proper size. If the bra is too small, they are more likely to come out. For jiu jitsu I find I need more coverage than support so I like the ones from target that have thick tank top like straps. Skinny straps offer less coverage. I'm a 34c and a medium in those sports bras. I've tried a few styles and found thicker straps and better coverage are more important than padding or other extras.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    My ex just wore a rash guard over her sports bra. I also have seen girls doubling up the sports bras.. I'm sure my "guy" suggestions as no good.. I'm just telling ya what she use to do.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    My ex just wore a rash guard over her sports bra. I also have seen girls doubling up the sports bras.. I'm sure my "guy" suggestions as no good.. I'm just telling ya what she use to do.
    I always wear a rashgaurd over mine because I like long sleeves when I'm rolling. Even when I do gi, I have on a rashgaurd but I've known girls in competition to only wear sports bras. They always wear two if they aren't wearing a rashgaurd or shirt.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I wear an underwire support bra under my sports bra and a rashie over that. I've never had any problems with them coming out. Fit is really important though. Go to Victoria's Secret and get yourself sized. Find out what size sports bra they'd recommend for you. If you feel like investing $40/garment, they make amazing sports bras. They stay put and they don't put extra strain on the shoulders. Target carries the Champion brand and it's solid. If you need a less expensive option, that may work well for you. I'd be wary of any of the yoga brands (Shakti, Manduka, Lululemmon) because they're not made for friction and I question whether the softer fabrics would stay put. Nike and Under Armor both make compression sports bras and, assuming you get the right size, you'll not be popping out of those. Warning, they are very tight. This makes getting them on a challenge and getting them off while dripping with sweat a two-person endeavor. I also find that, after wearing them for about three hours, my shoulders start to hurt. Hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart / Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Wilkins View Post
    Reason i ask is. Well, everytime i roll they come out and that gets really annoying. Do yall have any good suggestions or brands? Thanks for the help
    I wear the under armour armour bra. I've tried HEAPS of others, cheap ones, expensive ones, professionally fitted ones, brand names ones, this one is amazing and I would never buy anything else. No embarrassing incidents, movement at all. It is a semi compression kind of top, but very very easy to get on and off. Oh and rashie over the top of course :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Bras with wire underlining are the best. Hard to get baseball choked, trust
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    All the girls at my gym double up, either with two sports bras or a sports and an underwire.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Amber yells at Spica and I all the time for not wearing a sports bras!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    lol, "two person endeavor"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast