Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

what do you do if your instructor tells you a 10p position isn't effective

tonight, i was going for the reverse spider web (i know it's not an official 10p technique) but had trouble getting my leg over my opponents head, he kept blocking it with his right arm.

after class, i asked my instructor some ways to get around that arm, and he showed me some options, then i went into reverse spider web, and he said "that's not a good finishing position, if you can't get the kimura, go for the arm bar."

now, my instructor is a super cool laid back guy and is 10p friendly, but if he sees me going for it again and tells me again that it's not a good position, what do you do? i don't want to be disrespectful, but at the same time i want to keep working on this dead zone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    You should drill it more on your own so you have a higher success chance in class. If you are getting familiar with a new position/move, you probably aren't doing it effective just yet. It's really easy to say something doesn't work when the person attempting to do it isn't hitting the important details.

Array

School
    Area 50.1
    If he calls you out for trying it again.. Just be like "AAAh yeah sorry dude bad habit, Ill have to work on that" he'll stop calling you out for it then. Or you could just say ok. and let him get tired of calling you out to where he thinks youll have to learn the "hard way"

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Marc, if you want to drill it with me let me know. Where were you setting it up?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It is official. So you locked the kimura grip from cross side? I imagine he showed you how to clear his head and get him on his side? Or switch and finish from scarf?

When someone tells me something isn't effective, I dismiss it as good natured ignorance. Drill it more and then have your opponent defend during the drill. Don't practice new moves during rolling.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Show him any Nathan Orchard highlight
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Piss in his water bottle when he's not looking.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    bring him to me and i will heel hook him!

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Show him the world champion Cyborg's instructional with it in it.

If folks critique 10th planet, without experimenting with the techniques, they are jealous. If they are jealous then that's proof it works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast