Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Gun Fun Thread...

I am a huge gun nerd. I just wanted to start a Gun Talk thread for all of us that like guns and like to talk guns. I'd much prefer to keep it friendly please so if you are against guns please reserve your comments. I by no means intend for this to be a political debate. Lol.

Ok so what's everyone's favorite pistol? H&K? S&W? Classic 1911?

I am a huge Glock fan. My favorite gun, not just pistol, is my Glock 22 (.40 S&W) I have 2 barrel replacements for it, one in 9mm and another in .357sig. So in under 20 seconds I can be shooting a different caliber with a quick barrel swap. Love that gun! Carry it almost every day. I wish I knew how to post pics on here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'll give it 3 posts before it becomes a debate on gun control.

Sam Sales

I have only ever shot shotguns. Obviously plenty of air rifles too, but they don't count.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by sam sales View Post
    I have only ever shot shotguns. Obviously plenty of air rifles too, but they don't count.
    Cool! Hopefully this thread will flourish and we can discuss all guns. I love shotguns and am an avid bird hunter. (Avid meaning I've done it alot, I don't claim to be any good).

My favorite shotgun is a Remington 870. Yes there are way nicer shotguns, but it's like the Chevy 350 of shotguns. Simple, durable, and every mechanic in the world knows How to work on it And every parts company makes parts for it. I got a 870 when I was a kid. Damn thing had been through hell and still perfect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I just got a new Ruger lc9. It's purely for concealment purposes. I was debating between that and the Glock 27, may just get one of those as well. I also have a badass 30/30 that I've had for about 15 years, it's the original assault rifle. I've got several shotguns, a Remington 1100 and a Winchester 1300 Marine Ed plus an old school 20 gauge I hunted with as a kid. Had a Romanian AK-47 at one point but ended up selling it. Was a fun toy though

Sam Sales

In the UK they have basically made any hunting of animals with proper guns a real rich mans sport. Between £300/$500 and £800/$1300 just for a day for duck hunting. Thats not including ammo, any license fees etc etc. When I have shot shotguns it has been just mostly clay pigeon shooting. Its really highly regulated. Always wanted to try duck hunting though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    In the UK they have basically made any hunting of animals with proper guns a real rich mans sport. Between £300/$500 and £800/$1300 just for a day for duck hunting. Thats not including ammo, any license fees etc etc. When I have shot shotguns it has been just mostly clay pigeon shooting. Its really highly regulated. Always wanted to try duck hunting though.
    Woah, I didn't know the regulations on hunting were that stringent there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Is that the only thing you can hunt in Europe or UK?

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Is that the only thing you can hunt in Europe or UK?
    You can hunt ducks, geese, rabbits, pheasants, and deer too in some places I believe. On private land. Super expensive though. Most of the hunting done in the UK is done with air rifles, dogs and ferrets.
    To even get a gun licence you need to have police come check out you, your residence and everything. If you have even been arrested for say something super minor like urinating in public/drunk and disorderly or whatever you have zero chance of getting a license.
    The couple of people I personally know with firearms at their property are farmers that have had them forever. They are both like in their 60's. However I know their sons don't have licenses.

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    I'm not a gun nerd, but love to shoot. Lucky enough to have a job and work for a department where I can do a lot of it. Spent a year on our competition team and was lucky enough to get to go to some big SWAT comps. I pretty much just shoot what they give me. One of my favorite weapons was my MP5. Fun to shoot especially when the happy switch was on auto! Off duty I carry a kel rec 380 with a belt clip. I like the way it shoots and you can even conceal it while wearing board shorts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast