Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ

Joe Lauzon complaining about George's knee sleeves

On the MMA Hour

"I don't see how you can wear your regular fight shorts, compression shorts under that that go to your knee, then wear knee pads on both sides that go halfway down your leg, then ankle supports that go halfway up your leg and down to your toes," Lauzon said. "I don't know what the deal is with the commission, if he'll be allowed to wear those or not, but we're prepared for him either way."

"We'll think about it. I don't know if it will make a huge difference, but at the same time, why give him that advantage? Maybe we'll make a formal request to not let him wear them."
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    Wow. Does he really think that will give him that much of an advantage? I would think that it would make it easier for the other guy to secure his legs for a takedown and leg locks or something. If Lauzon attacks his legs, George won't be able to just slip out of it like I've seen a lot of guys do. I think think it would create an equal amount of advantages for both sides.

I don't know that much about MMA so I may be way off here, so feel free to correct me.

Array

School
    10thPlanetJJ.com
    JLo knows George is going to choke his ass out!

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    I guess he could wear the knee sleeves too, but it can work against you, imagine if Marquardt was wearing knee sleeves vs Palhares.

Array

School
    Ronin
    george for the win

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Someone sounds a little nervous! WAR Georgre!! I just lost a little respect for J Lo. Joe are you gonna be a fighter or a cryin ass bitch?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Sots didn't even wear them against Pelligrino. If I remember correctly all he wore was 1 knee sleeve. And he still worked Pelligrino. Its not gonna make a difference for J-Lau. You're still gonna get subbed buddy
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Interesting. Let's be honest though, any advantage you can have over your opponent is the name of the game. If it falls within the rules, why not use it? We all know that Eddie does talk about the grip that knee sleeves provide. Why does Eddie roll in pants? Grip. Even just a little grip can help. It is within the rule set, so use it. If the commission says "no more X" George takes them off and still wins ;-)

The question is: If George takes them off, is that sportsmanship and if he keeps them on, is that GAMESMANSHIP?
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Maxwell View Post
    Someone sounds a little nervous! WAR Georgre!! I just lost a little respect for J Lo. Joe are you gonna be a fighter or a cryin ass bitch?
    YUP what a bitch.

Ari, No. If he takes them off he is not playing his game.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    I wish aokis magic pants were legal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast