Array

School
    10th planet ak HotBox

2014 Alaska Combatives/Bjj Submission Tournament

Hey guys,
    This weekend me and some of the boys competed in a combatives/Bjj Tournament. Here is my videos, i will post other members videos as i get them.

I competed in the advance division. There were only 4 purple belts out of all weights, so they mixed us all together. it was just my luck that I got the 250lbs guy first. I am 160lbs. Enjoy! i Tried my best!

Array

School
    10th planet ak HotBox
    After that match i went up against a Macelo Alonso Purple belt that was my weight!

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Nice electric sweep
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Nice. Everytime I think Im in the middle of nowhere I remember that guy from Alaska that is more in the middle of nowhere than me

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Nicely done Gerrit! That was a ridiculous weight difference. After this weekend (the AK State Gi Championships), I'll post some vids of some of our other guys here. Coach asked me to hold off posting vids of those who are headed down this weekend. Some nice jits (and some nice 10pjj) tech last weekend for sure! I'd post mine, but there's no 10pjj tech really.

It was a weird tourney, as it's put on by a guy who does army combatives, so it's sort of modified rules... For example we had a girl compete (against guys), and she ended up getting tapped with... a rape choke... Which we weren't happy about, but was apparently legal. Also, guard pulling/jumping counts as a takedown (against the puller), so that's kind of weak, and several of our guys/girls started out with an immediate 2 point disadvantage because of that. All in all though, well worth the price of admission to watch my teammates and friends compete. Also I won a silver medal which means I'm Teh Real Deadly... I assume...

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    BTW, I'm the camera man, lol, so any dumb ass commentary can be blamed on me.

Array

School
    10th planet ak HotBox
    You did great dude! what a tough gold medal match you had!

Array

School
    kRg MMA
    Gerrit! Good stuff bro! tough match with that 250lber!

Hope we cross paths some time to train!

10thPJJ hidden moon (Barrow, Alaska:P)