Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Ronin

I caught a twister in Competition today.

This was at the Linic submission challenge in Greenville South Carolina.
    I took second in the absolute division.

Array

School
    RCS/10th Planet Beaumont
    Nice! I'm surprised it was not banned though. A lot of tournaments restrict spine compression subs.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Marks View Post
    Nice! I'm surprised it was not banned though. A lot of tournaments restrict spine compression subs.
    This was just small tournament put on by a local school. I asked before hand if I could use the twister and they said it was fine. They said "Just crank it slow and we'll try to stop it early so nobody gets hurt."

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Way to rep! Think a couple details could make that much easier next time around. It makes it a little easier to roll over the other shoulder more towards his legs, at least in my experiences. Also, as deep as you got attacking his turtle, coulda just pulled him on top of you. "Ford" I think. Who knows though, I've never hit one in comp, just taken backs from it. Keep it up bro.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    Way to rep! Think a couple details could make that much easier next time around. It makes it a little easier to roll over the other shoulder more towards his legs, at least in my experiences. Also, as deep as you got attacking his turtle, coulda just pulled him on top of you. "Ford" I think. Who knows though, I've never hit one in comp, just taken backs from it. Keep it up bro.

yeah, I know it could use some fine tuning. That deep turtle attack I was using is just something one of the purple belts at my school showed me, he just uses it to hit the banana split though. I thought it looked sick, so I decided to give it a try. Usually when I'm in the turtle like that I'll put both hands on the far foot and pull him backwards on top of me instead of rolling.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Sweet!! Congrats!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    Sweet!! Congrats!
    Thanks!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Wow u def wanted it! Good repping, and it'll only continue to get better (and then people will fight to the death to not give u the truck, and that's when the back and SPider Web open up even more.

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ
    Nice job. Still figuring out what he was trying to do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Don't get me wrong. Keep doing your thing, I love that stuff. Just trying to give you something to focus on to improve. And like I said, keep reppin. It will all be worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast