Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tips and advice?

Hey all, I'm as new as new can be. Just started last week at 10th Planet Corona and I'm already hooked. Does anyone have any tips and/or advice for a slightly older, out of shape newbie? I know I'm gonna keep getting my ass handed to me for quite a long time. But I definitely feel like I'm light years behind the curve. I work a cubicle 9-5 and can only train 3 times a week currently. Is there anything I can do while I'm not training to kind of help myself improve in between sessions? Thanks in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Get your diet, water intake, and sleep patterns under control ASAP.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Listen to Jeremy that dude's and Encyclopedia of knowledge! And don't stress on wins/loses in the gym, most of all have fun.

Thanks guys. Every little tip helps. The diet, water, sleep thing is becoming more regimented already and I think that training is just give me more motivation to dial it up a notch. I appreciate it.

Relax and drill them warmups over and over!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon
    Studying for me was key. I did moves 100x in my head before getting on the mat to try them...lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Flexibility makes things much easier and prevents injury. If you have a wife/girlfriend, agree to do a yoga class with her to score some brownie points.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You said you can make it 3 times a week. Grab your sack and make it. Show up, sore, injured, show up.

Change the way you chill. Watchin tv? Get on the floor. Roll every way imaginable. Can't? Try anyway.

Injury management is on par with diet. Many quit after the first pop. There will be pops. Only an obstacle.

Older is perspective. I'm a kid to those who don't train and a gieser to those that do. Disrespectful lil shits.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Choose a guard that you like and learn a few sweeps from there and master it. Learn the counters, the counters to the counters, etc. A lot of newbies learn a lot of techniques and get lost. Master the few that you know then add on from there.

My 2 cents.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    I would like to echo all of the above. I started training at 33 and am 39 currently. my added advice is to take pleasure in all your small victories. "Today I got smashed less then yesterday. I was able to get to dog fight today. I didn't get my guard passed that round." Enjoy the journey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast