Array

School
    10th Planet Vancouver

10th planet defence!

Greetings people, I'm curious to know if any of u mofos are interested in sharing some defensive ideas exclusively for the 10th planet stuff, I find myself getting stuck in certain places and rather than the age old, "well the key is don't get caught", i was wondering whats the general opinion on getting some defensive stuff together. Right now, i'm finding it tough to get out from bottom of the 3/4 nelson from north south if the dude has solid control, the only options i'm using are if the sit out doesn't work, i'm fighting the hands looking for 2 on 1 to get some space to pull half guard or roll out but once he's got that grip it's easier said than done!

Any comments on any defence, escapes, counters in any position from the 10th planet system would be really cool as the style is so opportunistic and aggressive, sharp defence goes a very long way.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    there are alot of the instructors posting vids on utube that address certain defenses or counters to tpjj techniques. check it out and remember as I teach my students, always evaluate each move for your self and think of ways to escape or defend that works for you. you never know, you could unlock a secret that opens another door in the tpjj system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If done right- no can defend

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If you know how to do it better than them, you are better prepared to defend. Preparing for and anticipating your opponents next move or his objective, seems to be the best way to mount a strategic plan of defense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vancouver
    mr. rivers, thats a solid theory, i agree, i guess with a detailed understanding of offence comes a detailed defence. Still, its tough to come up with the counters to stuff, its like a constantly evolving puzzle! i guess thats why we're all training in this fascinating shit!!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Word! like the fucking Drum Techniuqe!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet, Spokane Wa
    Walk on left side...ok. Walk on right side ok. Walk in middle......*squit* Just like grape!
    10th Planet same.....u 10th planet do "yes" ok. u 10th planet do "no" ok. U do 10th Planet "guess so"....*squit* Just like grape!!!

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Well, with 10th Planet the key really is just don't get caught. As far as I know.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    My sifu and I have a pretty good chess match going... I'll catch someone in something and he'll come up with the defense. Then I transition and he comes up with another defense. We go back and forth. Sometimes he'll roll with me just to see what new stuff I throw at him. I give him the utmost respect. He's a great martial artist.

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Hai, fatha Eddie teach.