Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Great White BJJ-Wausau Wi
    Sorry. It just seems cheap to me.

Array

School
    N/A
    thats gi jitz for ya.. and fuck the word overboard..

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Mayhem is sick though. Really no weak spots in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Stachovak View Post
    Sorry. It just seems cheap to me.
    If you get someone to tap, without attacking the balls or biting, it's all good in my book.

I remember being choked in my t-shirt, rolling no gi once. Almost went out too.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    The Mendes Bros use that Lapel Choke from the back. I don't think it's cheap to use, but I do think it would have been cooler to see a true NoGi grappling match between the 2. I'd still have to give the match to Rener though with or without the gi. The dude's been training Jiu Jitsu since birth and his in depth instruction on the basics is the zenith of teaching in my mind. And you know I guy who teaches Jiu Jitsu that well is a beast for sure. Also, no offense meant towards Mayhem...he's one of my all time favorite fighters.

Array

School
    10th planet phoenix
    i know this was at the so cal pro am and i have been looking for the DVD for a couple years if anyone knows where to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    It's a fair move, 100% no question about that. No complaints from me. An instructor can teach his students to choke someone with their belt, socks, or whatever. That to me is overboard. Not something I am interested in learning. Just a personal opinion. But if I rolled with someone wearing a gi and he used his gi to choke me, I wouldn't complain. Didn't mean to offend with the word "overboard".
    Really? It appears to be the Gi version of the Gag Reflex (which is part of our system), but instead of using Crack Head Control, he used his Gi to keep Mayhem's posture broken down.

I think it is definitely worth learning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123