Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    the weird flexibility defense is bad when you rely on it. unless you can comfortably bend your hand right down and touch your forearm then i would not rely on it.

i like to go for them wwhen ive got a mounted triangle armbar. because hearing someone say you won from a mounted triangle armbar wristlock sounds funny. its also a place i feel really comfortable in, ie dont feel like il get swept or lose control over them. if i get swept back into full guard triangle. ill drag the arm over to tighten the triangle more and then grab my shin with m other arm. i cant remember the last time i got a mounted triangle and didnt get them tapping from something.
    I can touch my forearm easy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    We have a guy that's really good at them and you can't wrist lock him back...he can touch his forearms and I believe he made Sean step on one to prove the strength and flexibility of them.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I love wrist locks. LOVE EM.

In fact, anything that someone would consider cheap or gimmicky, that's prob my fave.

My absolute favorite one is The Wrister.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

In fact, anything that someone would consider cheap or gimmicky, that's prob my fave.

I'll never forget the first time you wristered me. My mind was blown.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by George Katechis View Post
    all im saying is theres a difference between no muscular support and flexibility. it used to be practically impossible to kimura me, and then i fucked my shoulder up because i never worried about that shit and now im super careful with it.

i havnt seen your wrist so i cant say but id rather mention something that might help you out. your wrist could be fine now but in a few years. who knows.

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    I use them all the time, I see them everywhere!

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    i use tons of old school jiujitsu wrist locks all the time. I use them to break grips and clear frames mainly.

I'm a LE officer and a defensive tactics instructor, and use wrist locks in that capacity, but rarely when I roll. I'm not sure why I separate the two. I should probably add this to my game considering I'm pretty proficient with them.

George, I would be interested to see if your wrist could handle radial deviation, meaning when you are goose necked(palm to forearm) if you can handle rotating the hand to either side. We call this a Z lock. I have found that this can usually cause a tap even on people with very flexible wrists.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

You'd love training with my Judo Coach, he was a wrist lock fanatic. Gene LeBell was one of his mentors and inspirations.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by George Katechis View Post
    My wife is the same. Just insane natural flexibility. Scared to start teaching her Jiu Jitsu because she'll have a great guard right off the bat.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast