Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Has anyone told you the "3 rings of marriage"?
    Three rings?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Three rings?
    You have the engagement ring...the wedding ring...then the suffering!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by joeln View Post
    My base style is Japanese jiu jitsu which was included 4 levels of wrist locks and variations. In grappling I find that the most commonly available and useful are "goose neck" type, where the fingers/wrist are forced downward towards the forearm.

A few of the more common positions for these are:
    • Jiu-claw
    • Spider web (when someone is defending the armbar)
    • Locks around the waist
    • Some double wrist-lock (kimura) situations have the option
    • Triangle position
    • Mount

Basically anytime you have the elbow down to the wrist controlled and an opposing base for support, there is an option available for the goose necking type. That said, I would NOT sacrifice position and/or control in order to get a wrist lock. These are better when using to initiate a scramble situation, create a bit of space, or to give the opponent an "owie" for the hell of it.
    I like the info.

I've been trying to use wrist pressure techniques a lot from different positions that put you in danger. I actually was able to get a wrist lock tap from turtle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    You have the engagement ring...the wedding ring...then the suffering!
    Hahahahaha nice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    This only works with the gi or at least sleeves, when someone is in your guard and using bicep control, bring your elbow to your ribs trapping their hand in your armpit, lay the hand of you trapping arm on your opposite peck. The motion to make it tight is tricky but your going to raise your trapping arm to bend their wrist upward and inward.

From top side, when someone is framing up, if they place their palm flat on your chest to frame, trap their elbow against their ribs and simply lean your weight on to the trapped wrist. You can also do this if they aren't framing against your chest, just trap the far side elbow against their body and thus the matt and apply pressure with your free hand, bend their wrist back (extension not flexion)

When your opponent has your back with seat belt control, fall to the side of the underhook and trap their elbow against the mat, gooseneck style wrist lock.

Hand fighting inside the guard. Grasp their hand with your opposite hand so that your fingers are curled around their pinky finger side. Press their hand to their chest. With your other hand (same side as their trapped hand) reach through space between their side and elbow up to your trapping hand, you can either use this hand to add more torque or grasp their wrist to prevent them from straightening their arm across their body.

There are a few when someone is clasping their hands to defend an armbar. I have never gotten them to work without mma gloves personally, for the most part, I find I need the arm controlled from the elbow to the wrist to make wrist locks work unless you are completely dry.

Of course the kimura can be done as a wrist lock more than a shoulder lock and the americana can also be done with the back of their hand pressed against the matt to make it a wrist lock but without rotation (deviation) some people are immune.

Array

School
    Superhero Academy BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    This only works with the gi or at least sleeves, when someone is in your guard and using bicep control, bring your elbow to your ribs trapping their hand in your armpit, lay the hand of you trapping arm on your opposite peck. The motion to make it tight is tricky but your going to raise your trapping arm to bend their wrist upward and inward.

From top side, when someone is framing up, if they place their palm flat on your chest to frame, trap their elbow against their ribs and simply lean your weight on to the trapped wrist. You can also do this if they aren't framing against your chest, just trap the far side elbow against their body and thus the matt and apply pressure with your free hand, bend their wrist back (extension not flexion)

When your opponent has your back with seat belt control, fall to the side of the underhook and trap their elbow against the mat, gooseneck style wrist lock.

Hand fighting inside the guard. Grasp their hand with your opposite hand so that your fingers are curled around their pinky finger side. Press their hand to their chest. With your other hand (same side as their trapped hand) reach through space between their side and elbow up to your trapping hand, you can either use this hand to add more torque or grasp their wrist to prevent them from straightening their arm across their body.

There are a few when someone is clasping their hands to defend an armbar. I have never gotten them to work without mma gloves personally, for the most part, I find I need the arm controlled from the elbow to the wrist to make wrist locks work unless you are completely dry.

Of course the kimura can be done as a wrist lock more than a shoulder lock and the americana can also be done with the back of their hand pressed against the matt to make it a wrist lock but without rotation (deviation) some people are immune.
    Will try all of these thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Cool, I just noticed that I should have written the back control one a bit differently. You have to secure their arm past the elbow not necessarily trap the arm to the mat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    We have a guy that's really good at them and you can't wrist lock him back...he can touch his forearms and I believe he made Sean step on one to prove the strength and flexibility of them.
    Who is the guy?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I just hump legs. "See leg lock thread"
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Got the goose neck writ lock from omaplata last night. Powerful. Since Spencer brought up this thread I've been noticing them everywhere.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast