Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    Array

    School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    Location
    Maple Valley, Wa
    Posts
    69

    Wearing a cup while training

    Just curious how many wear a cup on the regular.

  2. #2
    Never, hate them!

  3. #3

    Array

    School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    Location
    Maple Valley, Wa
    Posts
    69
    Yeah, I've never worn one. I've also had my beanbag smashed to oblivion so was just curious.

  4. #4
    Drew Ash's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    509
    boxer briefs, jock strap with cup in it, compression shorts on top(often with tights on top of that). Its doesnt move. Science.

  5. #5
    Gerrit Butler's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th planet ak HotBox
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    197
    I don't. They are banned form most tournaments now a days, so you may as well get used to not having one.

  6. #6
    Drew Ash's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Butler View Post
    I don't. They are banned form most tournaments now a days, so you may as well get used to not having one.
    "most tournaments"
    I dont think thats true. Some, sure, not most

  7. #7
    luke randell's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Darlington
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    114
    I agree with Drew, cup jock strap, compression shorts and then either spats or shorts. Can't go wrong. I've heard some arguments that not wearing a cup makes your guard better I just don't believe it and like to look after my nuts

  8. #8

    Array

    School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Location
    Dunedin New Zealand
    Posts
    885
    i never roll without them. what that cup protects is one of the only things i value more than jiu jitsu

    not to mention the fact that if i didnt keep that anaconda locked up, id kill people instead of make them uncomfortable.

  9. #9

    Array

    School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    455
    I've thought long and hard about this. While in a self defense situation you would not be wearing a cup so it might be good to practice without one; however, in competition it seems they are required by Rule (by at least NAGA and MMA) so practicing in what you compete in would be a good idea IMO.

  10. #10
    Brent Smith's Avatar
    Array

    School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    "most tournaments"
    I dont think thats true. Some, sure, not most
    All the ones I've seen

    Quote Originally Posted by NameLikeNoOther View Post
    I've thought long and hard about this. While in a self defense situation you would not be wearing a cup so it might be good to practice without one; however, in competition it seems they are required by Rule (by at least NAGA and MMA) so practicing in what you compete in would be a good idea IMO.
    Required by NAGA? I didn't wear one
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •