Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

The ultimate chokes thread.

I love my chokes, my entire game is based around them, but especially after watching scott show the different hand positions etc on woulda coulda shoulda. i was wondering how many different techniques people have for their chokes.

for instance, if i get the guillotine in deep, instead of joining my hands up, ill go into a RNC control and pull up with the bottom arm and down on the back of the head with the top arm.

when i get the RNC ill try and get the hand thats locking it in (not the choking arm) lower near the neck but if for some reason i cant, ill cup their head and get some added neck crank pressure on them.

my favourite choke ive been getting lately is the choke off the omoplata. when i get the omoplata, im sitting in jiu claw, i like to do what marcelo does and get my near (next to opponent while in jiu claw) arm under their far arm. the other arm hooks around their neck, when i feel like i have control, ill release the shoulder control and join my hands together and pull my near arm through and choke.

give your opinions and variants. id love to improve my choking game even more.

Array

School
    10th Planet Allentown
    I like to ninja choke up on a bitch like a creature comin' out of the black lagoon .... Keepin' it toady!

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)
    Since this is the chokes thread, can anyone give more details on the ninja choke, I understand the setup is the same as the D'arce, and you hook a leg to half guard and dive on top but are you pulling your vice grip in a specific direction?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I've been diggin' the Marcelotine lately. I've been seeing it a lot. Anytime someone pokes their head out an inch or two too far..if I'm halfway through a pass and they poke their head up. I also really like the Japanese Necktie...Also good when passing or in top half...

Also, really liking the arm triangles. Made myself start doing them all technique, no strength..makes a huge difference in the choke.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I've been diggin' the Marcelotine lately. I've been seeing it a lot. Anytime someone pokes their head out an inch or two too far..if I'm halfway through a pass and they poke their head up. I also really like the Japanese Necktie...Also good when passing or in top half...

Also, really liking the arm triangles. Made myself start doing them all technique, no strength..makes a huge difference in the choke.

i love me some marcelotines any passes in particular, youre finding it on? i find i usually catch it as i recover full guard
    or in scrambles. what position are your legs in when you are doing the arm triangle? i know of five so far, (side, KOB, knee on sternum, mount guard, and i saw this crazy one where the dude mounted with the arm triangle and had both his feet on the guys hips and pressed his shoulder down. what do you find best?

Quote Originally Posted by Dpoland View Post
    Since this is the chokes thread, can anyone give more details on the ninja choke, I understand the setup is the same as the D'arce, and you hook a leg to half guard and dive on top but are you pulling your vice grip in a specific direction?

as far as im aware, a ninja choke has about 5 different names ive heard of, ive had it explained to me as a no arm d'arce which is why i really like it. because it feels pretty loose but its actually mega tight. you can get the ninja choke from a variety of different positions. i believe eddie says that its his defense to the capoiera pass but i personally go for it from guard, scrambles or when i have them turtled. when i have them turtled id rather go for the d'arce, jsut out of habit and it works better with the jap neck tie. you should watch scott epteins video he posted a while back about some of his fave moves which involved joining d'arces and JNTs and sexy spahts.

as far as im aware, with the ninja choke, you want to be choking them with the bony part of your forearm, nearest your wrist. at least thats what ive been told, can anyone verify that?

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I've been catching an arm triangle anytime my partner kicks out of my truck and turns to roll away. I've been a huge fan of bottom arm triangles for a while and Eddie covered them from lockdown at his last Indy seminar, helping me with some crucial details.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    I've been catching an arm triangle anytime my partner kicks out of my truck and turns to roll away. I've been a huge fan of bottom arm triangles for a while and Eddie covered them from lockdown at his last Indy seminar, helping me with some crucial details.
    You can do the same if your opponent is escaping the back mount. As you feel them shrimp out, turn and get on your knees. There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    i love me some marcelotines any passes in particular, youre finding it on? i find i usually catch it as i recover full guard
    or in scrambles. what position are your legs in when you are doing the arm triangle? i know of five so far, (side, KOB, knee on sternum, mount guard, and i saw this crazy one where the dude mounted with the arm triangle and had both his feet on the guys hips and pressed his shoulder down. what do you find best?
    Been finding them when someone tries to play Z guard, in the knee slice pass, if I'm in top half sometimes it's there as I'm trying to pass. It's everywhere.

I do mine..idk it's like a combo of most of the ones I've seen. I can jailbreak my way put of a lot of people's arm triangles so..I don't want people doing that to me. I do my arm triangle with a gable grip and pushing my head into theirs. As far as my feet go...I have the leg closest to the head posted out..the other knee tight to the hip but there's no space between my calf and thigh. I kind sit down to eliminate the space..sometimes I'll get that knee under their back. And if that fails..Kimura grip to arm bar.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10WO
    N/S choke is my favorite choke right now, especially if it's 100% technique with no added squeeze. I've also been looking into mounted guillotines. Havn't had much luck with RNC's lately, especially against giants, but I have been going back to the short choke (gable grip and scoop your radial bone into the throat). May not be as pretty, but can still get the tap.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpoland View Post
    you mean the japanese necktie?

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Steady Darce-in'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast