Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia

Skateboarders/Surfers???

Who is down... I saw Sam Sales and Sean Applegate talking skateboarding who else has spent a lot of time on the board?

I have surfed occasionally for the last 10 years and skateboarded since about 92'.

I tore my meniscus trying a roof/grass gap in 2000 and since then i have taken it pretty easy sticking mostly to ledges and bowls.

I'v seen Marcelo, Glover and The Grill with skateboards and i think that Rob Bradley Surfs?

Share your Favorite Vids, Parts or Skaters/Surfers

396996_10151559066153056_365136256_n.jpg

Sam Sales

I love skating. I love the freedom of it, it's something you progress at your own pace, no rules etc. I have a blast skating with my boys.

My favourite skate video is the girl and chocolate one, Pretty sweet. That was a masterpiece.

Love watching guys like David Gonzales skate. He skates fast and aggressive and always on gnarly shit too.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I skate and surf. I have been doing both since I was about 12. Love it

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I skateboarded since like 5th or 6th grade so 10 or 11. My city didn't really do anything about giving any type of reasonable skating area not to mention city is very flat so focused on flatland stuff, homemade boxes/rails and smaller stairs and gaps and then migrated to doing stuff down larger stairs and handrails or putting obstacles such as picknick tables across gaps and stairs. Kept getting arrested and kicked out of spots any time a good session would break out but I got a good bit of skating in until about 16 or 17 when i focused on other sports. Picked it back up occasionally until i really found Jiu Jitsu. I have surfed but definitely wouldn't say I'm good, mainly due to lack of experience and availability. Think if I lived somewhere where it was something I could do daily, I certainly would. SNOWBOARDING IS MY SHIT though. Use to go to Lake Tahoe about once a year with family in CA and with my skateboarding experience it just came naturally. After several days on the mountain, coming back to a shitty skateboarding town just couldn't compare. Few things in life compare to dropping in on a double black diamond with fresh powder and just killing it.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    I skateboarded since like 5th or 6th grade so 10 or 11. My city didn't really do anything about giving any type of reasonable skating area not to mention city is very flat so focused on flatland stuff, homemade boxes/rails and smaller stairs and gaps and then migrated to doing stuff down larger stairs and handrails or putting obstacles such as picknick tables across gaps and stairs. Kept getting arrested and kicked out of spots any time a good session would break out but I got a good bit of skating in until about 16 or 17 when i focused on other sports. Picked it back up occasionally until i really found Jiu Jitsu. I have surfed but definitely wouldn't say I'm good, mainly due to lack of experience and availability. Think if I lived somewhere where it was something I could do daily, I certainly would. SNOWBOARDING IS MY SHIT though. Use to go to Lake Tahoe about once a year with family in CA and with my skateboarding experience it just came naturally. After several days on the mountain, coming back to a shitty skateboarding town just couldn't compare. Few things in life compare to dropping in on a double black diamond with fresh powder and just killing it.
    Sounds awesome. I am dying to try snowboarding. Might take a trip later this year.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Just imagine how it would have felt if you were skiing at a good resort Scott. Lol, just playing but seriously Utahs skiing and snowboarding is ridiculous

Edit: I grew up about a ten minute drive from one of the best resorts in the world and skiied every weekend and after school. Then when I turned about 20, I decided fuck snow and stopped entirely.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I've snowboarded at Heavenly, Squaw Valley, Northstar and a couple more that I'm forgetting. Probably made around 10 multiple day trips to Tahoe in all so not a pro by any means but solid base from skateboarding and a set of balls can take you further than the average human with equal experience IMO. Haven't made it out the last couple times I went to CA though, spent my free time at Caio Terras instead

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Favorite skate video growing up....probably FLIP-Sorry.

Wow, that was 12 years ago. Fuck......

Array

School
    Ronin
    I used to a lot when I was younger but I haven't in years, should really get back into it.
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I started skiing when I was 3 years old, and switched to snowboarding since the 6th grade. Love it. Been all over the Adirondacks and Vermont.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast