Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    N/A

Eddie vs Royler question

I thought that the rules stated if their was a near submission the match would keep going? Why did it end when Royler was in danger from the leg lock? Royler should have had to improve his position. Is this right or did I read the rule wrong? Royler not resetting position and even trying to get on top was a little low class but in the heat of the moment I guess those things happen; thankfully replay exists.

Either way big congratulations to Eddie for dominating this rematch! He was constantly on the offensive and he really made this match the most exciting BJJ match I've seen in a while. Hope to see you back in M4 Eddie

Array

School
    KJJ
    I was wondering the same thing too, but well... it IS a Gracie-run event after all (I don't think Ralek's uncles would have let him off the hook if Royler was tapped or had his leg broken in overtime). :x I was just happy that Rener wasn't there running biased commentary this time round (his commentary on the Schaub match was just painful to listen to) - Kenny Florian and Jeff Glover ROCK!!

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by John Reinesch View Post
    I thought that the rules stated if their was a near submission the match would keep going? Why did it end when Royler was in danger from the leg lock? Royler should have had to improve his position. Is this right or did I read the rule wrong? Royler not resetting position and even trying to get on top was a little low class but in the heat of the moment I guess those things happen; thankfully replay exists.

Either way big congratulations to Eddie for dominating this rematch! He was constantly on the offensive and he really made this match the most exciting BJJ match I've seen in a while. Hope to see you back in M4 Eddie
    Classic Classic match man, i have to say so inspirational!! But THANK GOD for that replay man, that was shady!

Array

School
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce.Porcelli View Post
    Classic Classic match man, i have to say so inspirational!! But THANK GOD for that replay man, that was shady!
    Yeah they stole the show by far. Once Eddie pulled quarter guard I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
    Time to put in more lockdown half reps now. Watching MTS 56 as I type this.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

They must have changed the rules. The rules they kept showing said "the time will not stop if the submission is close." I think that's wise. I don't think Royler was going to tap. We'd have been there all night.

Array

School
    N/A
    image.jpg
    Does this neck crank have a name or anything yet?

Array

School
    N/A
    Bump

Array

School
    N/A
    That neck crank is the 100%. It's in MTS episode 48 and 51.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    image.jpg
    Does this neck crank have a name or anything yet?
    "100%". Super legit move. Anytime I have top half and they try to post on the elbow it's right there
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Because the third rule only applied to Royler of course...so biased.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast