Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Are we going to see a Gracie breakdown of the electric chair and calf slicer lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm guessing it was Royce taking "I'm a Gracie" out of context.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Then there is this comment attached to that article that left me thinking...

"The Helio branch of the Gracie family does not want Carlos Gracie to get credit for BJJ especially named before Helio. They want all the credit for BJJ for Helio and for people to forget that Carlos was Helio's teacher. Look at Royler's expression change as soon as Eddie said Carlos's name. "

Array

School
    RMNU
    What a loser.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    The events surrounding M3 have really ruined the opinion I held towards the Gracie family before I knew better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Even more irony, I just read 8 pages of comments on that article.....I'd say about 95% of the people are supporting Eddie!

Karma.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Even more irony, I just read 8 pages of comments on that article.....I'd say about 95% of the people are supporting Eddie!

Karma.
    Haha that's awesome

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    One thing to keep in mind is that the last name Gracie encompasses a HUGE family tree. Not all of them will share the same opinions and, like many of our families, contain a lot of drama a closed-door issues. Please keep that in mind and don't condemn all for he actions of the few.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bruton View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that the last name Gracie encompasses a HUGE family tree. Not all of them will share the same opinions and, like many of our families, contain a lot of drama a closed-door issues. Please keep that in mind and don't condemn all for he actions of the few.
    Good point

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Then there is this comment attached to that article that left me thinking...

"The Helio branch of the Gracie family does not want Carlos Gracie to get credit for BJJ especially named before Helio. They want all the credit for BJJ for Helio and for people to forget that Carlos was Helio's teacher. Look at Royler's expression change as soon as Eddie said Carlos's name. "
    That's probably it. Some of the Gracie's try to portray Helio Gracie as the creator of BJJ. He was important to the evolution of the game but he didn't create it. He never even trained with Mitsuyo Maeda. He learned from Carlos, Gustavo, Jorge and Gastao Gracie. I read in an interview with Renzo where if any one person could be called the creator of BJJ it's Rolls Gracie. I really wish we had a transparent history of sport.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast