Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Royler seemed really humble and was having fun competing with Eddie, even on twitter he was retweeting a guy saying Eddie gave him a beating. When they were tied up they were laughing with each other it seemed. Royler is one of the top competitors of all time and doesn't seem to have much of an Ego. As for Royce... Seems about par for the course. I've met him in person and he's not a very nice guy from my interaction with him.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    Royler seemed really humble and was having fun competing with Eddie, even on twitter he was retweeting a guy saying Eddie gave him a beating. When they were tied up they were laughing with each other it seemed. Royler is one of the top competitors of all time and doesn't seem to have much of an Ego. As for Royce... Seems about par for the course. I've met him in person and he's not a very nice guy from my interaction with him.
    haha no joke, everyone says that about him. Pretty much anybody that has been to a seminar of his or basically had and interaction with him, wasn't exactly left feeling like there idol was a great and humble guy.

Array

School
    Fight Club Masakatsu Izegem
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Eddie Bravo outclassed Royler Gracie in every way at the event.

Royler and Royce are losing my repsect by the second.......
    Same here, sad but true.
    Eddies attitude in this whole thing has been great though.

My interactions with Royce have left me with this undeniable truth

If you have money and no questions you get the Royce the legend

If you don't have money and have questions

You get Royce the c$&t

Never have a met a bigger pile of acai scented shit in my 30 years on this earth
    So this doesn't surprise me one bit

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Pathetic. Doesn't he realise how bad he comes off?

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Royce is a known douchebag. Certain members of that family are losing peoples respect a lot these days

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Jesus christ, this is ridiculous. I absolutely have respect for Helio, Carlos and the other OG's where Brazilian Jiu Jitsu came from don't get me wrong. But does anyone else get a little annoyed about how much the Gracies and their minions talk about Helio? They put him on this untouchable pedestal like a Greek god and they take almost any talk of him as the worst blasphemy in the universe. Yes, we all have respect for Helio and where BJJ came from, no one disputes that if they have half a brain, but just chill out, hes not jesus christ, hes not god, hes not Muhammad, hes not zeus. They get "offended" so fuckin easily and take everything out of context like they are just waiting for someone to say something so they can jump down their throat and have another opportunity to talk about Helio. And yes I understand that he is your father, grandfather, etc. Everytime I here someone talk about Helio (especially a Gracie) I have to take a deep breath. The Gracies are like religious fundamentlists and treat themselves, their family, and the gi as sacred and holy. ALOT of pride and hubris in that family. Maybe its because I am young, but to me the only Gracies I really care for and look up to are Rickson and Kron. But maybe that's just my young, naïve, blue belt opinion, I don't know....

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    I think Royler was smiling to mask his terror, not cause he was having fun. Maybe I just read things wrong but it didn't seem friendly at all. It actually seemed pretty heated and intense to me.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boor View Post
    Jesus christ, this is ridiculous. I absolutely have respect for Helio, Carlos and the other OG's where Brazilian Jiu Jitsu came from don't get me wrong. But does anyone else get a little annoyed about how much the Gracies and their minions talk about Helio? They put him on this untouchable pedestal like a Greek god and they take almost any talk of him as the worst blasphemy in the universe. Yes, we all have respect for Helio and where BJJ came from, no one disputes that if they have half a brain, but just chill out, hes not jesus christ, hes not god, hes not Muhammad, hes not zeus. They get "offended" so fuckin easily and take everything out of context like they are just waiting for someone to say something so they can jump down their throat and have another opportunity to talk about Helio. And yes I understand that he is your father, grandfather, etc. Everytime I here someone talk about Helio (especially a Gracie) I have to take a deep breath. The Gracies are like religious fundamentlists and treat themselves, their family, and the gi as sacred and holy. ALOT of pride and hubris in that family. Maybe its because I am young, but to me the only Gracies I really care for and look up to are Rickson and Kron. But maybe that's just my young, naïve, blue belt opinion, I don't know....
    I'm offended you wrote Helio's name with a capital letter, but God and Zeus without one.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast