Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Striker Fight Center

Is there a name for this neck crank (Eddie had this on Royler)

This beautiful positioning took place halfway into the match with 10:50 remaining on the clock. Looks like a a hybrid 100% with the Lockdown. Is there a specific name for this setup or did Eddie just happen to land a certain way after rolling over Royler's turtle position to set this up?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Well of course. It's called the 100% (hundred percent)

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    It was so damn money to watch Eddie just hit textbook MTS material. Eddie wasn't even really using 100% to get the tap. He was using it to get to the back. Watch his Joe Rogan episode. He walks through it. He was in total control even when he looked like he was passed. Eddie painted a masterpiece.

Go to the MTS episodes and look up 100%. I know everyone is in love with the electric chair right now, but that 100% to the back was beautiful. I need to put that in my game asap.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Defcon 4 100%, he was trying to rip his head off.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Is that really the 100%? I haven't seen a 100% from that angle. I thought it was just a transient position that happened while Eddie was working towards the twister.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Defcon 4 100%, he was trying to rip his head off.
    He probably needed to Defcon 4 it to fill space, not for more power to try to finish.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Is that really the 100%? I haven't seen a 100% from that angle. I thought it was just a transient position that happened while Eddie was working towards the twister.
    Eddie called it 100% on the JRE.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    He probably needed to Defcon 4 it to fill space, not for more power to try to finish.
    Exactly. He was using it to get the back, not so much to get the tap. He knew what he was doing. It was beautiful.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    We'd definitely call that a 100%, but we (10th Planet) are uncharacteristically lumping techniques together in doing so. If you just search 'Erwann Marshall 100%' on youtube, you'll see what I mean. There are a whole bunch of fairly different subtleties to the suite of techniques we call 100%. But we do this with other moves as well. For example, consider an armbar from the closed guard and an armbar while holding the leg in spiderweb. We call them both armbars, but they functionally have only a small amount of technique in common.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast