Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    my teammate, Tom Carbone, said it best-gracie mag aka the fox news of jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    I came here to say this! I love that Galvao; so humble and respectful. I always think of his laidback attitude after intense training sessions; he'd grin that infectious smile of his and sing in the locker room. I prefer to remember him like that because my mind is actively trying to repress the memories of him effortlessly and mercilessly sodomizing me during our rolls.
    bro, you had your bootyhole poked while rolling?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel D. View Post
    bro, you had your bootyhole poked while rolling?
    Essentially. If he wanted, Galvao could violate any orifice he chooses and I couldn't do anything to stop him except scream for help. My 10th Planet family would help me, right guys? ... you guys?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    Essentially. If he wanted, Galvao could violate any orifice he chooses and I couldn't do anything to stop him except scream for help. My 10th Planet family would help me, right guys? ... you guys?
    Yea.... Good luck with that!

Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    This is where some Gracies are really losing it - attitude. It's great that Eddie totally dominated Royler and that alone has opened the eyes of many Gracie fanboys but it's the attitude of people like Royce afterwards that is really causing them to lose all respect and credibility. Essentially they are complaining that other people are doing the very thing they did. Learn some moves and try and make them better and adapt them to their style. Isn't that what the Gracies did with what Maeda taught them ?

You can't class everyone who has the name Gracie as the same of course, but I thought I would highlight a few differences between Eddie's approach and some Gracie (and other BJJ schools approach)

1. Eddie actively encourages students to learn from other skillful people like Marcelo etc. Do you think this is the case with most other instructors ? Somehow I doubt it.

2. Eddie turns up and supports students at competitions, but not just his black belts. You see him with white and blue belts and everyone else too. Rickson Gracie cheering a white belt ? Can't see it, can you ? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. Eddie frequently posts in his forum and interacts with everyone here, how many other instructors do that ?

4. People accuse Eddie of just doing this to sell books etc like it's only about money. Full membership to Eddie's site is $5 per month. How much is Gracie university ? How much does it cost to have your photo taken with Eddie ? And with Royce ?

5. Eddie posts videos of himself rolling where he actually loses. How many other instructors do that ?

6. Eddie has repeatedly conducted himself with class despite all the negative stuff that he has been wrongly accused of.

That's my little rant anyway. Someone on here said it was like watching the karate kid again for the first time and I thought that summed it up perfectly.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Jiu-jitsu kid II!

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vdesire View Post
    This is where some Gracies are really losing it - attitude. It's great that Eddie totally dominated Royler and that alone has opened the eyes of many Gracie fanboys but it's the attitude of people like Royce afterwards that is really causing them to lose all respect and credibility. Essentially they are complaining that other people are doing the very thing they did. Learn some moves and try and make them better and adapt them to their style. Isn't that what the Gracies did with what Maeda taught them ?

You can't class everyone who has the name Gracie as the same of course, but I thought I would highlight a few differences between Eddie's approach and some Gracie (and other BJJ schools approach)

1. Eddie actively encourages students to learn from other skillful people like Marcelo etc. Do you think this is the case with most other instructors ? Somehow I doubt it.

2. Eddie turns up and supports students at competitions, but not just his black belts. You see him with white and blue belts and everyone else too. Rickson Gracie cheering a white belt ? Can't see it, can you ? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. Eddie frequently posts in his forum and interacts with everyone here, how many other instructors do that ?

4. People accuse Eddie of just doing this to sell books etc like it's only about money. Full membership to Eddie's site is $5 per month. How much is Gracie university ? How much does it cost to have your photo taken with Eddie ? And with Royce ?

5. Eddie posts videos of himself rolling where he actually loses. How many other instructors do that ?

6. Eddie has repeatedly conducted himself with class despite all the negative stuff that he has been wrongly accused of.

That's my little rant anyway. Someone on here said it was like watching the karate kid again for the first time and I thought that summed it up perfectly.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!

You totally nailed it. Take a bow!!!

Array

School
    10th planet St Louis
    It has been a while since I stopped buying that mag... Gracie magazine came up in defense of Lloyd Irving after all his dirty laundry was exposed... Now they refuse to show What actually happened in Saturday's match...

The Gracie empire feeds a lot of mouths. It is recognized by anyone in MMA or grappling. They always get plenty of respect and deserve it. Then we have Eddie Bravo who is just… different. I sometimes wonder if he fully realizes that he has beat Royler Gracie. I do love that old saying, “to be the best you must beat the best". Eddie has done that. And totally dominated Royler to a draw this time. I say to Eddie. Step up and take your fucking crown. You’ve gave your respect. You earned your victories. To the victors belong the spoils. I think they feel threatened by 10th Planet now MORE then ever. It is now up to Eddie how big the 10th Planet becomes. Just my 2 cents.

Array

School
    Impact and 10th Planet Portland
    so fucking gross, I hope at least one Gracie comes out to condemn all the BS post Meta.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast