Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    I'm sorry, I'm all out of medals to hand out to the people who are bitching about how hard they had it when they were doing 10th Planet techniques way back when. You and everyone else, buddy. Except some people are actually ranked under the system, have gone through their paces, and are brown and black belts now.

I don't think the question was ever, "What is the origin of the electric chair," "Who has the legal rights to leg drags, arm drags, X-guard," etc. because that can be traced back to forever ago. He was talking about being available for "Seminars to teach the 10th Planet System." Oh oops, he never said "10th Planet Seminar"! But it sounds like the exact same thing to me. John Mejia had it right when he told this guy that if he was really genuine about spreading knowledge about the system, he should do it for free (like the Hotboxes do). He is talking about using the now-suddenly-popular 10th Planet name to turn a profit, no matter how small he claims it is.

I'm not sure who originally brought up the subject of legality, but I doubt we have the resources (nor the time) to pursue anything even if we wanted to. And there's no way to track every 10th Planet carbon copy wannabe out there.

We can only hope that students are smart enough to at least do their research. If I wanted to learn more about Marcelo Garcia's techniques, I'd consider going to seminars held by Gianni Grippo before some random dude who has "studied the technique from day one" and has "driven hours to go to the seminars." Studying and going to seminars is a little bit different than having learned the system directly from the source, competed using it, and built schools based on it.

I love how Brandon and a couple of other people straight up advertised the Midwest Training Camp on the now 300+ comment thread, though. Not sure if you guys meant to hijack it but....

Here is the guy's video link on youtube if you want to throw your 2 cents in there:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10T...ature=youtu.be

He has 1.5k views, not sure if he is signed up for the sponsorship program but he very well could be making money from it.

The facebook thread was a lot to read, he seems all excited about 10th Planet but is also bandwagoning on this, mixed feelings from me.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Josh is a friend of mine, a black belt under Tim Creduer.

He's a good dude. He's giving it up to 10p in a big way, so I am flattered.

This is what we wanted soldiers, people to finally respect our system.

This video will attract more people to the association, this is a good thing :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Bjj Revolution Team Baton Rouge
    Thank you Eddie. I will always spread the 10th planet style out of love. Not greed, or hate.

that was a mission to read all that

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Must check this out when I get home.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet West LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post

This video will attract more people to the association, this is a good thing :-)
    Well, that settles it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton lawrence View Post
    that was a mission to read all that
    Everyone and they momma got into it, Clint.

I don't think anyone questioned Josh's interest in 10th planet. It was his way of addressing the OGs and telling everyone that they were "dick-riders" that seems a little...how do you say...disrespectful?

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Jee Kim View Post
    Well, that settles it.

Everyone and they momma got into it, Clint.

I don't think anyone questioned Josh's interest in 10th planet. It was his way of addressing the OGs and telling everyone that they were "dick-riders" that seems a little...how do you say...disrespectful?
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post

Was the video ever an issue? I though it was teaching 10thP seminars for money that was the issue?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123