Array

School
    10th Ventura

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I learned some breath training secrets from the natives in Cayman. They are free divers and spend well over 5 minutes under water with one breath. Not relaxing either, swimming around collecting conchs. These guys were amazing. They taught us how to "pack" our breath. Very amazing stuff. Even after just the first session you can feel and tell a difference in your breathing and cardio. Amazing stuff those guys could do..

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    They ripped me off
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I do these too. I like to tread water no-hands for the length of round and duration of the planned fight with the rest period between rounds. Also when I do the no hands treading water I do slow/fast. Slow is egg beater kick while fast is regular flutter kick, all no hands and with weight for as long as possible. My other favourite is to do 2 lengths kicking only, jump out of the pool and do lunge walk on the pool deck back for one length then jump back in again for kicking with no rest, you can add tuck jumps at the start and/or end of the lunge walk if it is too easy. The Tiger Sprints (underwater swim to above water sprint) feel like when you are struggling to escape a choke then do and have to scramble to a better position after the escape. I do these once a week and today is my day at the Pool. Bottom line is you should be breathing very hard while doing these, no floating allowed.

Array

School
    Kansas city
    In traditional Chinese martial arts this breathing is the first level of qigong training. It's interesting to see these ancient techniques being rediscovered in a modern, scientific way.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I give credit to a Lifeguard named Kacey at SimonFraserUniveristy in 2001 who coached the Masters Swim program for putting me through some of the nastiest challenging pool workouts of my life. I don't really like doing lots of distance swimming anymore just short sprints, but another good breathe control drill is pyramid breathing freestyle stroke. Breath on 3 strokes, then 5, then 7, then 9, then 11, then 9, then 7, then 5, then 3. That should be about 4 laps or 100m usually 2 sets done as a cool down exercise.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    I lift, do swim sprints and then tread water when getting ready for comps .. Nothing like swimming for cardio.. Plus, I fuckin'hate running !!!

Array

School
    10th Ventura
    Quote Originally Posted by john botello View Post
    I lift, do swim sprints and then tread water when getting ready for comps .. Nothing like swimming for cardio.. Plus, I fuckin'hate running !!!

Yeah man, running can tug on my nuts; I hate it az well. Haven't started yet, but will make use of the mountains here. I have alwayz luved hiking and put a 40lb Kettlebell in a backpack and ya have yourself a back workout az well az legz + cardio.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Im gonna give this a try. I have been really concentration on my cardio and brerathing lately. This should help