Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    The Pit Elevated Orem Utah

Ducking out or Hulking out of Rubber Guard HELP!

So I've been having trouble with Mission Control, everything works fine once i get the hand to the mat, no problems. What i'm struggling with is mission control while i'm zombieing they stand up and basically shuck/push/shake me off. There is a lot of pressure from their trexed arms pushing than they back out by putting one or both feet on the mat. I can do crack head but that doesn't help when they go out the back and i can leg curl but that doesn't seem to be strong enough, so i've started to just double bag first thing in mission control which works with some but others have amazing pressure with the trex arms and posture that my own shin cuts hard into my wrist and i break. To be clear I'M NOT STRUGGLING WITH POSTURE i'm struggling with them almost slipping out the back. One thing to note is they leave both hands behind as the slip out but when really for and power is used that's just momentary.

I'm not great with this position myself, but from what you are saying it sounds like you aren't angled enough to keep control of their posture. Are you finding yourself square on when you are in mission control?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Dude, #1) Knee squeeze and angle -- these are absolutely two of the more important details to rubber guard. #2) Something I learned from BMac in Decatur is the invisible jiu jitsu, concerning the rubber guard. A great rubber guard shouldn't even need hands attached to the shins 100% of the time. Hip pressure is what keeps them locked up the most. It's hard to describe, and I'm sure bmac can do a better job at it, but being able to slightly raise your hip off the ground and replace the pressure from your hip across their shoulders is a glorious help.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    As with judo and wrestling, I find that if your opponent has the ability to posture their head up, then their body will follow. So when I use mission control, I make sure to bring the shin across the back of their upper neck and head, where the spine inserts into the skull. That takes away the majority of their leverage.

I also cut an angle, as mentioned in previous posts.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Have you tried going to the pump instead of the zombie? In general, someone escaping out of the back has to bring their elbows closer together, making them prime armbar targets. You may be able to go right to the swim move. Also, don't forget to squeeze your legs together in addition to leg curling; your thighs and hip flexors should be engaged.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    when dudes try squeezing out, they usually have their arms in the middle, thats when deephook that fresh arm, n underhook their thigh. BOOM ARMBAR CITY

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody North View Post
    So I've been having trouble with Mission Control, everything works fine once i get the hand to the mat, no problems. What i'm struggling with is mission control while i'm zombieing they stand up and basically shuck/push/shake me off. There is a lot of pressure from their trexed arms pushing than they back out by putting one or both feet on the mat. I can do crack head but that doesn't help when they go out the back and i can leg curl but that doesn't seem to be strong enough, so i've started to just double bag first thing in mission control which works with some but others have amazing pressure with the trex arms and posture that my own shin cuts hard into my wrist and i break. To be clear I'M NOT STRUGGLING WITH POSTURE i'm struggling with them almost slipping out the back. One thing to note is they leave both hands behind as the slip out but when really for and power is used that's just momentary.
    Dude you're talking about something like this?? If so, here's the answer. Although Cora wasn't able to finish this kid as he was that much stronger and kicking his legs all over her face, but for a grown man like you. You can take that arm home everyday with this move.

Array

School
    going for pump is what i think i'm missing because his arms are getting left behind. Everyone keeps talking about the angle meaning what exactly? that i'm turned toward my hip that doesn't have the leg breaking the posture, like in London or dean listener grips?

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    If his arms are being left behind. Go into Dead Orchard or Brackish waters. Ask Nathan or Brian Debes how they kill with those moves. I doubt if anyone rubber guard people more than these 2 guys and with doing so, they face guys who has more defense against the rubber guard, thus they have to develop a counter to the rubber guard counter.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Dude you're talking about something like this?? If so, here's the answer. Although Cora wasn't able to finish this kid as he was that much stronger and kicking his legs all over her face, but for a grown man like you. You can take that arm home everyday with this move.
    how the freak did she lock up a full triangle with both arms in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast