Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Personally Ive never experienced any rivalry. Im not on UG or anything and the Carlson Gracie guys are always cool when they come to our gym, Ive seen them look at my shorts but they've never said anything.

Array

School
    10th Planet (Ronin)

Array

School
    Next Generation Ballymena / 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Personally Ive never experienced any rivalry. Im not on UG or anything and the Carlson Gracie guys are always cool when they come to our gym, Ive seen them look at my shorts but they've never said anything.
    Happy to hear it bud...didn't used to think there was such negative/condescending views on 10th planet where I'm from but it's ridiculous, Jiu Jitsu Is a beautiful art that everyone should be learning no matter their affiliation, and my personal opinion is that 10th planet is the way forward, so what? Jiu Jitsu is a path that everyone needs to explore on their own so what of differing opinions? Just keep doing what your doing and show them all wrong

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    I think it's time we let this one go.
    It's sad that that's how the Gracie's are approaching it but fuck 'em.
    Points been proven I can tell by how instructors from around my area are reacting to the legitimacy of the system.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Im just sick of this talk about royler and other gracies trying to talk like royler did great. All this negative talk is a bit too much, I cant wait until this dies down and we move on. Eddie didn't win the match but he definitely surprised people.

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    I am ready to move on!

Array

School
    NWMA/Team Megaton Eugene
    That is some major bitchassness going on there. I was one of the biggest Royler Gracie marks walking God's green earth. The school I rep traces it's lineage back to Royler. I initially thought Royler was going to smoke Eddie. But you know what; Eddie did amazing, and showed the world he ain't no punk. And honestly, I was like, "OMG, he's doing it! He's really fucking doing it!" Eddie won me over in that match.

It never made any sense to talk mad shit on Eddie's jiu-jitsu; because then that is talking mad shit on Jean-Jacques Machado. By saying Eddie's jiu-jitsu ain't shit, peeps are saying that Jean-Jacques don't know jiu-jitsu. Even if Royler was caught slipping in their first match, and the first match was a fluke, it still wouldn't have made Eddie any less of a jiu-jitsu practitioner. Jiu-jitsu is all about capitalizing on mistakes. I mean Eddie fucked up Gustavo Dantas, who is a bad motherfucker. Nuff' said.

After watching this whole drama unfold, and certain members of the Gracie family, among them Royler, having a major case of bitchassness; I can say that I am fucking disgusted. Talk about losing your balls. I respected Royler; but I am having serious reconsiderations on the issue.

You know; I was a 10th Planet guy when I started training jiu-jitsu; and now more than ever I understand the grief that every 10th Planeteer experiences for repping their school. Now I feel like I am guilty by association by training at a Royler affiliate. You are known by the company you keep.

I guess since I am a representative of the "traditional" approach to jiu-jitsu, I would like to apologize for all the shitty behavior that has been directed towards 10th Planet and its practitioners. And I would like to extend a big fuck you to Royler and Royce, for refusing to lose with some fucking grace. That is bitch behavior, unbecoming of members of jiu-jitsu's First Family.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    Eddie was efficient and dynamic Royler was not! Even if it was a draw Eddies jiu-jitsu was much better then roylers and I would like to add Royler has never won against Eddie(not tapping is not winning) so he has no room to talk even if it was a draw. Fluidity, dynamics, and efficiency that is what made Eddie the winner in my book even if it was ruled a draw!

Array

School
    Tom Barlow/Kenny Baker Academy Plymouth 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I started @ Carlsons under Wilson Junior, they were and still unbelievably cool. I had to leave as I moved 300 miles away and started at a RGJJ place. First thing that shocked me was the attitude. Carlsons were so easy going, I never heard a word about superior style they trained everything, I have to say since Metamoris I don't want to go back to RGJJ because of the clickiness. But the nearest 10th planet is 300 miles away too. But as Eddie has said in the past "any Jiu Jitsu is better than none". Still torn though

Array

School
    Tom Barlow/Kenny Baker Academy Plymouth 10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'JFaz' Farren View Post
    I think it's time we let this one go.
    It's sad that that's how the Gracie's are approaching it but fuck 'em.
    Points been proven I can tell by how instructors from around my area are reacting to the legitimacy of the system.
    Amen. No point getting shitty about it. Everyone saw what happened. It is what it is. No point arguing with stupidity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast