Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Roberto Traven
    I have a submission master that I use occasionally. When I work out at home I always include drills on him in between sets, makes for a nice diverse work out.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    I want this one but they wont ship to the US

Array

School
    Thinking about this one but he stopped producing them for a couple monthes to make an improved design or something. Im gonna message him to see if he is making them again because they are cheaper than the usual grappling dummy and looks good for truck and berimbolo transitions

Array

School
    Ronin
    Two above look rather poor to me, mate. Ring 2 Cage one I have seems better (more weight to it, more human-like)

I have a Pro Boxing Grappling dummy.... I find it pretty useful, Once you beat it up a little it's pretty fun.

Plus moving the dead weight around over and over gets a little sweat going its about 75 pounds.

You can work a lot of guard on it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Two above look rather poor to me, mate. Ring 2 Cage one I have seems better (more weight to it, more human-like)
    Just looked that up. Looks pretty good. Not super worried about the weight, mostly just need to practice the movements of stuff. I like the realalistic-ish feet and legs shape so I can do truck, berimbolo, or leg lock stuff. Wonder how much work it is to fill it yourself for the cheaper price

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    Um, in my experience they don't really help much with technique, but are good for isometric submission holds ie Kimuras, RNC. But there are better ways to train that without spending $400+.

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    I'm using mine regularly recently. I think it will be helpful for a lot of stuff. Practiced a lot of standing M1's today, along with a couple other passes. I think it will be as useful as I make it. I'm not sure yet if it's worth the money. I have the pro-boxing submission master as well. I can definitely say, it's made well and very durable. It isn't the real thing, but I think it will be useful for some stuff. I'll keep everyone updated as I come up with better uses for it. It's definitely good for practicing things like rubber guard, just to memorize the paths.

Array

School
    GSW NZ
    I built my own using pvc pipe frame with 8-10 lengths of wire running thru the frame so it can take many positions. The pvc is then covered with pool noodles cut parrallel and then some rags and tape plus what ever clothes or old Gis I could find. Is fantastic for drilling 100 darce's or 100 kneeride spin armbars etc that training partners dont always have time for, or the extra drills you can do outside of class, even positional stuff. It has already had arm surgery after some over zealous rolling armbars and is due some acl surgery thanks to the leg locks and electric chairs ... Still cost next to nothing and doesn't mat tap

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    I also recommend making your own Dummy.
    My original 'Jeffy' (because he looks retarded and likes apples) recently finally fell apart.
    I'm in the process of building his replacement.

I use empty plastic bottles as the framework for the body filled with old clothes and held together by fabric tape (lots of fabric tape).
    You'll be amazed how well you can articulate it, Jeffy even had an ankle joint to get the correct positioning on heel hooks.

You feel silly at first but I'm at the point now where I could spend an ungodly amount on something that won't do what I can build for less than $100.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast